Bobbi Brown's Corrector is a top-rated product designed to correct dark circles and discoloration underneath the eyes. Not to be confused with a concealer, this is strictly for color correction and is meant to be layered underneath a concealer.
When I read about this cult beauty favorite, I had to try it. I have light circles underneath my eyes, most likely due to allergies, sinus issues, and hereditary... blessings. Concealers haven't done too much for me in the past because I do not like packing on tons of product underneath my eyes. I like something light, creamy, and won't settle into fine lines (we all have creases under our eyes whether we want to admit it or not).
Enter in Bobbi Brown's Corrector!
First Thoughts on the Product:- The consistency is super creamy. Love.
- I love the packaging, especially with the little mirror (although I never use the mirror, it's a fun touch)
- Price tag is a little shocking at first ($22) with how small this is (it's about the size of a MAC eyeshadow) but I have had mine for at least 5 months and have barely put a dent in it.
- The color of this looks weird when I'm putting it on my eyes (orange-y) and it freaked me out at first, but it definitely blends well and corrects.
|This is the size of the corrector, and how much I've used in 5 months (impressive, right?)|
Using the Product:- A moisturized eye area is a must for concealer/corrector to look good. I always apply eye cream and let it sink in first.
- Very little of this goes a long way. I dab a small concealer brush in the product, warm it up on the back of my hand, and go to town.
- I apply this in small dots/strokes around my eyes with the concealer brush and blend it in a little more with my ring finger. If I need some extra color correction, I'll layer on a bit of concealer or I'll use MAC's Paint Pot in Painterly (used to brighten eyes a bit more and as a eyeshadow base). I don't like too many products under my eyes.
- After I apply my corrector and whatever else on my eyes, I let it settle (do other parts of makeup) before I set it with powder (I'm totally loving Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder as a concealer setting powder, btw.). If any product sets into fine lines, I can blend more before I set it. This prevents any further creasing. I will say, though, this product doesn't really crease. You just have to worry about what you layer on top of it.
Photos to Illustrate My Findings:
Beware of the untouched, unmade up eyes...
Beware of the untouched, unmade up eyes...
|My with eye cream only - sans any form of makeup.|
And yes, I realize I need to take a weedwacker to my eyebrows.
And yes, I know I have huge "anime" eyes.
|My eyes with only the corrector. Immediate improvement.|
|My eyes in full makeup. |
I used a setting powder and appied my eyeshadow, liner and mascara
Thoughts After Using the Product:- I originally bought this product online in Light Bisque, but it really did nothing for me. So I went to the Bobbi Brown counter in Macy's and had them color match me. Light Peach was what actually worked the best at correcting discoloration underneath my eyes. I highly recommend that you get matched because I honestly thought my skin tone was suited for a bisque color.
- I've noticed this works much better when I use less product. Start small, and build it until you reach your desired level of correction.
- This really does help correct and conceal dark circles. It's crazy! It actually works!! I'm not the only person who loves this product. Read reviews here of others on Makeup Alley. It's got a rating of a 4.2 with 459 reviews. That's almost unheard of! See! I'm not alone!
Final Verdict:Totally worth it if you need extra color correction underneath your eyes. If you look well-rested 365 days out of the year, than this isn't for you (...and I hate you, by the way).
|I can fake looking awake with Bobbi Brown Corrector!|
(although I won't mention the 9 hours of sleep I got last night)
Dear Bobbi Brown Corrector,
I heart you. Will you be my other Valentine? I already promised Mac Blacktrack to be my Valentine, but I see nothing wrong with having two.
Happy Valentine's Day, lovelies!
Hope your day is as beautiful as me when I'm wearing Bobbi Brown Corrector!