- I love directing plays and the one I am directing this fall is one I've been wanting to direct for a while
- Giving kids a place to express themselves and a little sanctuary during the school day
- Building ensemble and relationships within my class and getting all sorts of kids to respect one another
- Letting kids discover their inner creativity and giving them a vehicle to bring it to life
- Creating art and enjoying the process
- I know things will change as I progress in my pregnancy. Will my patience wear thin much easier? Probably. But I won't let it affect my class.
- I hope things remain under control when I am out on maternity leave in January/February.
- I pray that my water doesn't break in the middle of class. (Be careful what I wish for, right?)
- I probably will not be as energetic and mobile towards the end of my pregnancy, but I hope to be animated all throughout!
- I hope I will actually want to come back to work once Baby O is born.
My classroom is ready.
|Some of my students came up last week and gave me a nice coat of blue paint with a yellow stripe. |
I think it looks awesome with my theatre posters.
I'm not sure. I haven't thought much about school (ok, I haven't thought about it at all), but I've kind of had a lot of other things to think about (see this post for reference). And after a certain point in teaching, you just get your groove down.
So, I'll just say....
I'm ready to see what this year brings and all of the surprises life has in store!
Happy first day of school to my other teacher friends who start with the kiddos today!