You might have seen this on twitter, but humor me okay?
I'm 25 weeks done with this pregnancy. That means I've been pregnant 6.25 months, and I have 2.75 months left. Holy moly. We're getting close.
Honestly, this pregnancy has been really easy. Lots of people like to give me advice, thoughts, and all these things I should be feeling/doing/etc. and not even half of it feels like it's applied to me. Not that their advice isn't welcomed, I am just getting the feeling that every single pregnancy is so incredibly different. I never got morning sickness (aside from motion sickness on airplanes). I just felt like I've been getting bigger (and something is definitely moving around in there) but I really do feel like myself.
There are definitely a few things worth mentioning...
- I always thought that when you get pregnant, your tummy will grow but the rest of you will stay the same. Totally not true. As if my hips/butt could get any wider...... they are. I am officially in maternity pants. Hey, at least the maternity pants are a size small.
- Whoever said that pregnancy makes your skin glow was lying to me. I have had nothing but a struggle to keep my overly teenage-looking skin clear. On a happier note, my nails grow incredibly fast and are super strong (let's blame that on the prenatal vitamins).
- I have had less of a filter. Meaning, I just simply say what I think. My coworker and students think it's amusing. I've also had less tolerance and patience for BS, which has made my students know I am not one to be messed with. Of course, I'm still happy and even-tempered, I am just not one to walk over right now.
- "Pregnancy Brain" truly exists. Baby Girl O. really sucks my smarts and makes me very forgetful. I don't mind, because it's for her growing brain, and people have more sympathy for pregnant women.
- A lot of people want to help me... lift things, don't let me bend over, etc. I think it's amusing. I don't feel disabled. Oh well, if I can play the pregnancy card, I will.\
- This still doesn't feel 100% real. I'm ready and I'm excited, but it's still just me, Greg, and Dexter in this big ol' house. Obviously that is going to change in 2.75 months.
- I feel very happy because a few of my friends have since gotten pregnant... it's so awesome to know that we're all going through this at the same time!
- I absolutely LOVE prenatal yoga. Every preggo woman should do it.
Well, there you have it. Preggo Meg O. at 25 weeks pregnant.
Have any of you mommas had a similar pregnancy experience?