Anyway, in this huge desire for fall, Greg randomly decided he wanted to make pumpkin bread (among other things that are to be posted on the blog). How could I resist a cute guy baking?
Let me just say, it turned out delicious! I am so proud of him. And oh my GOODness, the smell of pumpkin bread in the oven is pure heaven. HEAVEN, I tell you.
And I may or may not enjoy slathering a bit of cream cheese on a slice...
Greg O.'s Pumpkin Bread
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 7x3 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, vanilla, water and sugar until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
This is definitely going in the recipe book and will be baked each fall from here on out!
Anyone have a yummy go-to fall recipe?