I attribute my absence to this:
Directing high school theatre is a time sucker, especially show week.
This week's stressors include:
- Students setting off the fire alarm and the fire department being called after I had already left rehearsal. Some idiots went back into the theatre after rehearsal and played with the fog machines.
- Having to meet with the principal after said fire alarms went off. Luckily she is on my side.
- Almost having to kick a lead role out of the show four days before opening night because of not showing up to rehearsal. We fixed the problem.
- Staying until school until 8-9 p.m.
- Lights not finished being hung and focused
- Not having a toy piano and having no idea where to get one. I think I'm going to go to Toys R Us and get a small electric piano and spray paint it.
- Spending more time with my students than my own husband (and cat).
- Wanting too much Starbucks than the healthy amount for the baby
- Losing hundreds of dollars worth of makeup and makeup brushes. Note to self: never bring a few items to do makeup with at school, especially every single one of your MAC eye brushes. The good news is I have a crap ton of makeup and am not missing lots of actual products.
- Falling down some stairs in the dark theatre. I mean, it was only 3 stairs from the light booth, but I got a battle carpet burn to prove it.
I don't mean to gripe. Okay, maybe I am griping. But I'm sorry I haven't been around to read blogs and bring you posts. I'll return ASAP!
In happier news, Opening Night is tomorrow! Let's break a leg!