The first one I'm featuring is: Revlon Colorstay Foundationmakeupalley.com. Almost 3,000 reviews with 71% positive things to say? I'd say it was worth it to shell out $8 to try this.
Swatch of the foundation on my hand:
Using the Product:
- I find that you have to apply this foundation very quickly as it will dry fast. I use a stippling brush to apply and find that's the best method for me.
-The coverage is pretty amazing. I would describe this as a medium/full coverage foundation and I don't have to apply much concealer on trouble spots after applying this foundation.
- The only thing I don't like about the application is that it doesn't have a pump. I sometimes feel like I waste foundation just shaking it out onto my hand/finger.
- The color match, like I said, is pretty incredible for me.
- This foundation reminds me a lot of the Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + foundation... but, like a million times cheaper.
Thoughts After Using the Product:
- This stuff really stays put on skin! You really need a makeup remover (I use plain Extra Virgin Olive Oil in the shower) to be rid of the product completely at night.
- This hasn't caused me any additional breakouts, which I'm prone to.
- I feel like this stuff doesn't really cake up or oxidize too much on the skin.
- I don't have to do much blotting/touching up with powder during the day.
Revlon Colorstay on Me:
|And that's with a hormonal breakout.|
- Definitely worth it if you are at the drugstore and want to pick up something new to try.