I'm starting to sound like a broken record....
We're SO CLOSE!
I'm rocking the yoga pants with the old school Astros shirt today. I just wanted to wear something a little more tight fitting so you could see exactly how big I am! Yep, even that booty. Luckily this shirt is (barely) long enough to still wear. Oh, and those new TOMS? Yeah, that would be thanks to winning Neely's giveaway! I have been so lucky with giveaways lately (never used to win anything) and these shoes make me so happy!
Random Preggo Thoughts for the Week:
- Yesterday was my 38 week appointment. Doc checked my cervix (which is a jolly good time, I tell ya) and I'm 1.5 cm dilated and 60% effaced. If that makes no sense to you, don't worry about it. I had no idea what all this dilated/effaced mumbo jumbo meant until... um, maybe a month ago. Ha! Doc just wants me to naturally start thinning and opening up so labor will be easier. He said that was pretty good for a first baby.
- Doc also said he could feel the baby's head when he checked me! Ay yi yi!!!!
- Okay, these updates are getting more and more TMI, aren't they? Oh well.
- I've gained 45 pounds. So much for the 35 pound "recommended" amount. I've actually gotten to the point where I'm just ready to work out like I used to. Dr. isn't worried about the weight gain because I was pretty small pre-pregnancy. I just feel like a cow. This is freaking ridiculous.
- I am this close to having actual cankles. This is freaking ridiculous.
- I can't even begin to explain how much of a hassle it is now to figure out what to wear. There's no way I'm buying any more maternity clothes, seeing as how I maybe have two weeks left. And now that it's starting to get chilly around here, I guess I am just going to rock leggings with all of my dresses and layer with sweaters and boots.
- At the same time, I'm glad I haven't had to buy much maternity clothes. I own three pairs of maternity pants/jeans and then everything else I wear are dresses and leggings.
- The nursery is so close to being finished! I loved having Thanksgiving week off so I could finish a lot of things. All of her clothes are washed and everything is just about ready for a baby to come home to.
- Greg's overnight bag is already packed for the hospital and ready to go. My bag, however, is not. He's an overachiever, anyway.
- I have read so many baby books. I feel like a champ.
- I cried like a little wimp reading this post (a birth story). It has gotten me so excited to be a mom.
- I've had two different dreams where I went into labor. One dream involved them not having a room in the hospital for me so they hooked me up to machines in a random hallway.
- I haven't felt contractions or anything. Or if I have, I have no idea that I have been experiencing them. I don't even know what they are supposed to feel like. Sometimes I feel a little pressure but that's about it.
Baby O. has a Christmas Eve outfit now, thanks to my momma.
Those little velvet shoes with ribbons? I die. We also bought a white crop cardigan and little white tights! Macy's was having a huge sale. It was a necessary purchase.
And, to the fortune cookie I had last night...
You better not be right. This child needs to bake another two weeks and then we'll talk.