Happy Half Birthday, Kennedy!
I can't believe it's already been 6 months since you were born!
- As you can probably see by this photo, Kennedy is able to sit up on her own now! She has been doing this for about two weeks. She loves to sit and play with her toys. It's harder to get her to do tummy time because all she wants to do it sit up like a big girl!
- This girl is a chunker. She is comfortably fitting in 9 month clothes and size 4 (yes, you read that right) diapers! I had no idea but apparently toddlers wear size 4 diapers. I'm telling you, it's because she has her momma's Texas Toast.
- Kennedy loves to put just about everything in her mouth. She especially loves a cold spoon from the freezer.
- She is definitely hitting all of her milestones on time. She can roll from front to back, back to front, and I can see that she's trying to learn how to crawl by scooting her butt.
- She loves her bedtime routine. We have this little butterfly that projects stars on the ceiling and plays music and once she hears the music, her eyes light up and she knows that it's bedtime.
- But speaking of bedtime, Kennedy's sleep patterns are so random. She does get about 2 naps during the day, but night time is weird. Some nights she will sleep completely through the night, and others she will wake about once. The times she will wake have become pretty sporadic, too. 2 a.m., 3 a.m., and last night it was 11 p.m. So random.
- This lady definitely has a personality and an opinion. I think it's great. She will let you know when she is not happy with something, wants something, is hungry, tired. etc.
- We go to our 6-month check up this week so I am not sure what she weighs and measures. I know it's big, though.
- Kennedy had her physical therapy follow up for her torticollis and she has made so much progress! It is almost completely corrected. Go us! We made sure to give her plenty of tummy time and do the exercises at home to stretch her neck out. They want to see us back in about 2 months for a follow up.
- We also go to the Opthalmologist this Thursday, something I have been nervous about ever since she was born. I will blog more about what's going on with her eye once I know more. As far as I know her vision is fine, we just need to get a genetic defect in her pupil checked out. Please say a little prayer for us!
- I officially put Kennedy back on solids as of yesterday. Instead of going with something nutritionally void as rice cereal, we did avocado! She loved it! It's a good thing because I love avocado too, and I get to eat what she doesn't.
- Kennedy and I have this whole summer together and I am loving every second of it!
|of course a funny picture is in order|
How She's Grown:
And a Happy Father's Day to her Amazing Daddy!