When Revlon released their whipped creme version of my beloved foundation, I went out and immediately bought it. The reviews were looking good. I was positive I was going to love it before I even applied it. I'm pretty sure I ripped it open in the car driving home in attempt to play with it. (I was at a red light, for reference.)
- The price on it is a dollar more than the liquid foundation, and you get less product (0.8 oz vs. 1 oz).
- When I opened the jar, it wasn't filled up all the way, which made me feel a bit jipped.
- The packaging is a bit unhygenic, as you have to scoop the product out with your fingers instead of a pump.
- Despite my sentiments for the packaging, it does remind me of something very high end and fancy. The glass is heavy (not that great for traveling), and quite a pretty jar.
USING THE PRODUCT:
- I find that you have to work even quicker with this foundation than you do the liquid foundation because it tends to cake if you do not.
- I like applying this with my Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge. I run the sponge under water, squeeze out the excess. I then dot the foundation over my face and blend.
- The shade matches my skin pretty perfectly, and is identical to the liquid foundation.
- Coverage was pretty darn impressive. I like a full coverage foundation. I think this foundation is even more full coverage than the liquid foundation (major bonus)!
- The consistency wasn't any more "light" or "airy" than the liquid. I think the liquid is pretty thin and the creme has more of a creamy consistency (go figure), which doesn't necessarily make it lighter. Not a bad thing because I do like the consistency.
THE PRODUCT ON ME:
|This photo is un-retouched. I also might add I didn't apply any concealer after using the foundation.|
FINAL THOUGHTS:- I definitely think this foundation is worth picking up, especially if you are a fan of the liquid.
- I don't feel like its "lighter" or "more airy" although I do like the consistency.
- If you don't know which one to get, I say go with the creme if you are new to Colorstay. I find that this one gives you more buildable coverage.
- This is not for you if you like a full coverage foundation.
- On that note, I think this foundation gives the best coverage of any foundations I've EVER tried.
- Basically, you need it if you're a foundation junkie like myself.
Like my beauty reviews? Check out my Beautylish profile for more product recommendations!