And because it's SPRING (yay!) that means we obviously need to put on her lilac lace petti romper and lilac bow flats and go out into the front yard for a little photo shoot! Girlfriend kept pointing to the flowers and saying "PEE-ee!" (pretty, duh). It's getting progressively harder and harder to get Kennedy to stay still, let alone even smile for me! She just loves playing outside so much, and is so over posing for the camera.
- Little girl's vocabulary is constantly growing. For example, she learned "pretty" yesterday! And she can't stop saying it! I especially liked it when I asked her "Who's pretty?" and she pointed at me. Ha. What a confidence boost!
- I've lost track of how many words she can say, but it really is a lot. I think she is a pretty darn good communicator and can tell us exactly how she feels. I love it!
- Kennedy also understands much of what you tell her. I never talk "baby talk" with her. We have always had conversations with her, so I think this helps. If she can't figure out a word to say, she can always show us.
- Today is Kennedy's first day in the 1-2 year old room at mother's day out! I gotta admit, I'm kind of nervous but at the same time, she was totally ready for it. They have been transitioning her for the last couple of weeks, but wanted to wait until after spring break so she could sort of forget about her other class. We loved loved loved her teachers in the infant room, but it is such a small program, they will still see her a lot. I'm looking forward to her getting on a tighter schedule (they all eat, sleep and play on the same schedule).
- Kennedy is very much a toddler now. She is all over the place!
- Her favorite show is still Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. We have this one episode on the DVR that seriously she will watch over and over if we let her. It's our go-to if she is feeling particularly persnickety.
- She loves outside and we have been spending as much time playing out there as we can! Especially since the weather has been beautiful.
She is also quite the singer! She can't get past the "row, row, row, row, row..." part of "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" but we are getting there. Baby steps, people.
HAPPY 15 MONTHS, KENNEDY! WE LOVE YOU!