Here we are, reaching the end of another year. We made it! There’s been a lot of talk on social media about how 2016 was an awful year. I must be the minority here because I felt like it was a really great year, both for my blog and for my personal life. 2016, you didn’t suck for me.
First and foremost, I want to thank every single one of you for following along and reading my blog. I know there are a lot of you that don’t comment, and there are a lot of you that have been reading for years. You all are the reason I do this. So, thank you. Thank you for the support throughout the years, and continuing to visit my little space of the internet.
So, for fun, let’s recap some fun facts, popular posts, and achievements from 2016. I am usually not one to toot my own horn, but this is a time for me to celebrate and be proud of this year.
2016 Achievements I’m proud of:
- Grew my Pinterest account from 5,000 to 44,000 followers! My strategy I’ve developed with Channing really made it so easy and organic.
- Grew my Instagram account to 10,000 and now I’m almost at 20,000! This was a much harder task but I’m really proud of it.
- Reached 1,000 subscribers on YouTube! I don’t really do much to promote my channel (definitely want to change that mindset moving forward) and this happens purely with people finding my videos through my blog.
- Featured as one of the Top 25 Beauty and Instagram Moms by Mom.me
- Spoke at the Pinners Conference in Dallas!
- Hosted an amazing Pinterest Blogger Workshop in Houston
- Said workshop developed into a side hustle, where we coach and manage Pinterest accounts for other bloggers. Check out Perform on Pinterest if you need help rocking it! We are so thankful for our clients! We are completely booked up but will be opening up a few spots in the next couple of weeks!
- Spoke on a panel at Blog Elevated about Instagram!
In 2016, this blog:
- will receive almost 1.8 million pageviews
- had 70% of readers from the US, with Canada, the UK, and Australia following.
- had a great chunk of new visitors, but a steady following of returning visitors
- had 1,000 people who visited over 200 times!
- received 60% of its traffic from Pinterest
- received 74% mobile visitors
- was found on Google the most by searching “mac fix plus dupe” (it’s the number 1 search result and leads to my Splurge / Steal – More Awesome Dupes! blog post)
The five most visited posts of 2016:
These five posts received the most traffic out of all the posts I wrote in 2016. Pinterest is a big factor with this one, as I mentioned above. I feel so lucky to have established myself within the beauty niche in Pinterest, because it surely seems to love me every time I post a great beauty post and pinnable image! These posts definitely correspond what is doing great for me on Pinterest, and I will say one is highly searched and found on Google.
This contour tutorial has sure come a long way since the first contour tutorial I wrote in 2011! Haha, those photos are definitely cringe-worthy. I absolutely loved putting this video together, and I am so happy it’s been viewed over 15,000 times on YouTube!
There was a specific strategy behind this post, along with sharing my holy grail high end makeup. I really worked on getting some fun photographs with this post and I made three pinnable images for it. Doing this really helped push the post out to my Pinterest audience. It had extremely helpful content that my Pinterest audience loves, and three different pinnable images. This is really interesting for me to see, because I wrote the post only in October and it has received over 71,000 pageviews. It definitely makes me want to create more than one pinnable image per blog post, and play around with different kinds of images!
I wrote this post because this is a question I get asked all the time (along with drugstore mascara recommendations). It ended up doing really well for me, and I am glad that I took the time out to photograph my products, as well.
I have to say, I didn’t work that hard on this post. I didn’t even photograph anything! But what gets me lots of traffic, along with Pinterest, is google searches. It’s crazy how things you don’t expect will take off.
I am really proud of this post. I will say that it was my most favorite post of the year to put together, because it had so many winning elements for me. It was a lot of work, but so worth it! I made a video (which has now been viewed over 15,000 times on YouTube!), it had a pinnable image that went viral on Pinterest very quickly, and it was over something that I absolutely love posting about – makeup dupes! And, on top of that, it was something I felt that embodies me as a brand – a fun/funny busy mom who loves makeup and finding the best things for the best price. I love to uplift women and make them feel like they can achieve any fabulous look they want. This post achieved that for me, and I am very proud of it. I can’t believe it’s been viewed over 130,000 times since I posted it in August!
My other favorite posts to write in 2016:
- I had a lot of fun dabbling in mom fashion, but in such a way where I could incorporate my kids! The Mama + Mini posts were a lot of fun to do and I hope to do more in the future.
- I enjoyed expanding my travel content, and especially loved writing about our Europe trip. We travel a lot (especially with our kids), so I hope to include more travel posts!
- My Botox & Fillers vlog was so much fun to put together! It was definitely a popular post and video around here. It definitely made me interested in doing more “vlog” style videos!
I’m still thinking a lot about my goals for the blog this upcoming year. I keep typing them out but then thinking of new things. I do have a lot in mind, and a few things I know I want to work on. But this is where your input really helps me! I’ve been doing these reader surveys the last couple of years and they are extremely helpful in getting me to focus on the right things.
I would love if you filled this survey out for me. If it is not displaying for you below, you can visit this link to take the survey. If you’re on mobile, that will probably be easier! Your response is completely anonymous and I welcome any bit of constructive criticism you want to throw my way. I’m a big girl and can handle it!
Again, thank you so much for your support this past year, and in the years to come. I know big things are headed this way! Cheers to 2017, my dear friends!