Here we are, another year comes to an end! [Insert chatter here about how fast the year flew by and how we can’t believe a new year is starting.]
First of all, I’d like to thank every single one of you for your support this year. Every page view, like, comment, share, and pin help me continue to work on my dream. I would have nothing if it weren’t for you! I am grateful every single day that I am able to wake up and do this for work.
Every year I like to do a recap where we look back and celebrate the awesome moments. I also have a yearly survey I conduct to help me create content that you want to see. And, there’s a giveaway! Yay! That’s at the end of this post!
2018 Moments I’m Proud of:
I never want to come across braggy when it comes to being proud. It feels wrong to make anyone feel bad or less than. With that being said, it’s okay to celebrate the big things in life. I am so proud of so many things that happened for my blog in 2018. I got to partner with Disney Cruise Line for a 7-night cruise, I had paid travel collaborations with Mazda and Lincoln, was able to attend invite-only exclusive conferences (Disney Social Media Moms and Beaches Moms), and work with some of my dream brands.
One of my favorite things about 2018 was that I prioritized campaigns that had a giving back nature. Thanks to Folgers, I was was able to raise $10,000 for my favorite local charity, the Bay Area Turning Point. Thanks to Always, was able to help raise awareness about period poverty that resulted in 15+ million donations of period products! I will continue to prioritize sharing brands and campaigns that are charitable. Being able to use my platform for good means the world to me.
But the thing I’m most proud of is being able to connect with women across the world every single day. I’m so, so thankful for my community.
Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, let’s recap!
Top 10 Blog Posts Written in 2018:
I dug deep in my analytics and found the top ten blog posts written in 2018 that received the most traffic. A lot of these surprised me, while some did not. It really helps me to look at this and plan future content based on what’s done well in the past.
10. Disney Cruise Line – There’s Something for Everyone // This trip was truly the highlight of my year!
9. 10 Minute Makeup – Easy Makeup Tutorial // I really had a lot of fun putting this video together and it is truly a staple tutorial for those wanting an easy routine. Give it a look if you haven’t already!
8. What to Wear in Disney World + Packing Tips // Our first trip to Disney as a family was this year, and I learned a lot of great tips.
7. The 5 Best Drugstore Translucent Powders Under $8 // I am so happy this post did well! I’m a powder fanatic and love all of these products.
6. Glow All Summer – Physicians Formula Butter Collection Palette // This must’ve been the right place at the right time sort of thing. I posted this right when the palette launched and the post did exceptionally well – it jumped to page 1 of Google above Trendmood. Traffic has certainly died down since the product isn’t being sold anymore, but that was a fun ride!
5. One Month Keto Results // This post seems to consistently do well, even though I haven’t really written much else about it. I did Keto at the beginning of this year. While it was a good reset and forced me to be more mindful, I don’t think this lifestyle is good for me long-term. My cholesterol is higher this year than it’s ever been. I don’t know if keto is to blame on that, but since I found that news out, I switched to more of a high fiber way of eating.
4. 7 Cheap Makeup Brands that are Actually Great Quality // I wrote this post on a whim but it took off fast. Haha.
3. The Best Drugstore Makeup on Amazon // I keep saying over and over that I have found some of the best drugstore makeup prices on Amazon, and I guess the internet believed me.
2. How to Clean Makeup Sponges // This is such a great tip on how to clean makeup sponges effectively and easily.
1. Makeup Primer Dupes // My dupe posts are always my favorite to write, so this makes me happy it was the most viewed!
Top 5 Videos of 2018:
I really wanted to focus on video content a lot in 2018. I don’t think I did the best job of being super consistent with it, but I’ve had some videos do well! Here are the top 5 videos I made in 2018 with the most views. I’m really proud that some of my travel videos are in this list. I have a small following over on YouTube, and it’s not my main focus. But, I am planning to put a lot more emphasis on it in 2019. If you haven’t subscribed to me on YouTube, make sure you do!
What’s in Store for 2019?
This next year my goal is to really work on consistently creating high quality content for my blog. Whether it’s videos or long form posts with lots of helpful content, I want my website to be the ultimate resource for my community. While Instagram stories are very important to me, I think I missed out on a lot of opportunities to create content for my blog. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll still be very active on stories! It’s just that social media is ever changing, and it’s harder and harder to be seen by the people who follow.
I am going to make it my mission for you to be able to find and access anything you’re looking for easily.
I need your help! Please fill out my annual survey!
Every year for the last couple of years I have done a reader survey and always appreciate the honest feedback I get from it. You all inspire me to work harder and deliver content that you all want to see.
This survey is completely anonymous and each question is optional. Answer as little or as much as you’d like. If you’re having trouble getting the survey to display, CLICK HERE to open it up in a new window.
Once you’re done with the survey, make sure you enter my giveaway! I am giving away a surprise beauty prize pack worth over $200 to one lucky reader. I wanted to use this opportunity to thank you for connecting and filling out the survey. Good luck!
Note: this information is collected in a separate form so your answers will stay anonymous on my survey. Each entry is optional, so complete as much or as little as you like. I hope you’ll follow me along on all of my social platforms!