I recently blogged about how I am trying out the ketogenic diet. I have been on it since January 1, with one cheat day after 31 days. I’ve felt a lot of benefits including higher energy, reduced carb and sugar cravings, and weight loss.
I’ve done a lot of cooking this past month, as well. I love scouring Pinterest for recipes, and even making up some of my own based on what I’ve tried in the past.
I’ve made this recipe a bunch throughout this month and it’s one of my favorites because it really does come together in a pinch.
This recipe can be modified in any way you want. For example, if you’re doing Whole30 or paleo, you can use Coconut Aminos to make it compliant. You can add other veggies in if you want. The sky is the limit!
- 3 Tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 3 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh grated ginger (or dried is fine)
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 lbs. ground pork
- 3 bags of 8-ounce cole slaw mix / shredded cabbage
- 3-4 green onions, diced
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Shredded carrot, for garnish
- Make the sauce using the soy sauce/coconut aminos, sesame oil, minced garlic, and fresh ginger. Whisk together in a measuring cup or bowl.
- Brown the ground pork in a large pot
- Add the shredded cabbage and sauce to the pot, stir until it slightly softens.
- Dish out into bowls. Garnish with green onion, a pinch of shredded carrot (stick to under ¼ cup to remain keto compliant), and sesame seeds.
Let me know if you try this recipe. It really does suit a lot of different diets and taste buds, and I love that I can put this together in under thirty minutes! My favorite part is using fresh ginger – it really makes the sauce so fragrant and fresh tasting.
Those of you that are eating low carb, what are your go-to recipes?