Updated August 21, 2016
I’m two weeks in to Whole30 and I am going strong! Overall, I’m feeling great and still motivated to kick butt at this. I’m still documenting all of my meals, and of course I have to post them. If you missed, last week’s post, I encourage you to check it out!
Thoughts from the week:
- I still feel very focused on it, and I am not struggling at all as a whole. Yes, there are days where I want carbs and sweets. Most of the time I’ll eat fruit or a few nuts or something.
- This week, I tried to add in more vegetables and I think I did a decent job. I’ve said it before, but Greg and I aren’t huge meat eaters, so this has probably the biggest adjustment.
- I’m not sick of eggs. I actually ate eggs and egg whites all the time before Whole30.
- I’ve used my food processor more in the last two weeks than I did in the last year.
- I made some Whole30 mayo and it turned out great! Granted, we don’t really eat a lot of mayo. I made it for a potato salad, and I loved it.
- I’m not hungry and I’ve stopped thinking about food.
- This way of eating is becoming more natural and automatic to me.
Now, let’s get into what I ate the past seven days. Exciting times, people! And, of course, you get bad cell phone quality photos. I do not have time to whip out the DSLR and set up perfect lighting for these pics (even though I do love a well-lit photo… hahaha), so this is what you get.
Breakfast: Eggs with pineapple, raspberries and strawberries, coffee with coconut milk
Lunch: Spinach salad, baby carrots with baba ganoush, grapes and mandarin oranges
Dinner: Buffalo chicken soup, Misty’s recipe
Breakfast: Chia seed pudding, hard boiled egg, banana
Lunch: Tuna salad (canned tuna with half an avocado, dill, garlic powder, and lemon juice) atop a spinach salad
Dinner: Smoked sausage, cauliflower mash, potato salad (I made this recipe up and it turned out yummy!), mandarin orange
Breakfast: Eggs with homemade salsa, mandarin orange, chia seed pudding with cinnamon and blueberries
Lunch: Leftover buffalo chicken soup
Dinner: Thai turkey meatballs atop zoodles and shredded carrots (I have this spiralizer and it’s amazing!)
Breakfast: Eggs with homemade salsa, grapes, mandarins, chia seed pudding with cinnamon and blueberries
Lunch: Plantain chips, mashed avocado with lemon juice and garlic powder, mandarin orange, apple
Dinner: Homemade smoked pork, cauliflower mash, green beans, roasted sweet potatoes
Breakfast: Egg muffins (prepped with turkey breakfast sausage and green/red bell pepper)
Lunch: Leftover thai turkey meatballs (I ate all the meatballs before I remembered to take a picture, haha)
Dinner: Went out to dinner with friends, got a compliant salad (don’t have a photo)
Breakfast: Egg muffins, chia seed pudding with raspberries and cinnamon, coffee with coconut milk
Lunch: Big spinach salad with banana
Dinner: Beef stew with spinach salad
Breakfast: Egg muffins, chia seed pudding with blueberries, coffee with coconut milk and cinnamon
Lunch: Leftover beef stew
Dinner: Homemade smoked turkey, roasted potatoes, broccoli, and cauliflower mash
I’m hoping to try even more new things next week! Looking forward to pushing through and having another great week!