Updated March 5, 2019
Sweet Caroline turned five months old on Saturday!
- Still has the most epic hair in all the land. I feel like it’s just getting thicker, too! And I kid you not, it’s grown completely down the back of her neck… it’s like a mullet-ish bob! Without fail, someone always says something about her hair when we’re out and about. I have a feeling it will just be what she’s known for. Epic hair. I’m cool with that.
- Growing out of her 3 month clothes, growing quickly into 6 months
- Fitting into size 3 diapers, although we have some size 2s left we are putting her in until we run out. The 3s fit her way better but the 2s are okay.
- At her 4 month appointment, she was 12 pounds. She seems kind of petite to me! She just started growing out of her 3 month clothes.
- Haven’t started on solids yet. We have given her a few bites of things (avocado, banana) here and there but we are probably going to wait until she’s 6 months to go about it full force. She seems very interested when we sit at the table and tries to grab for our food.
- Still exclusively breastfed. She’s getting pumped milk at MDO and is nursed when she is with me. She has no problems going back and forth.
- Eating more and more. I think she’s going through a growth spurt! Her caregivers tell me that she seems hungry so they have been giving her 7 ounces at a feeding, which is not near what I pump in one day. I’m about 7 ounces short, but luckily I still have a crazy freezer stash. However, that’s not going to last forever so I need to catch up. I’ve been taking a bunch of fenugreek to try and increase milk production. I see a little bit of increase, and hopefully it’ll even out in the next week or two. If any of you all have any tips on how to up milk production, please leave a comment!
- The dreaded 4 month sleep regression has come and gone in our house. Whew. I forgot how much that sucks. We went from a pretty decent sleeper to multiple night wakings. It was brutal. These last couple of weeks it has evened out, thank the Lord.
- Bedtime is at 7:00 p.m. – I really feel this is the best time for my babies (Kennedy now has an 8:00 bedtime and still naps about 2 hours a day). Keeping Caroline up later doesn’t make her sleep longer and she is just plain overtired. Kennedy was the same way. Most nights she’ll wake once around 3 am to eat or she will sleep all the way to 6:30 a.m. We are definitely okay with that.
- About 2 months ago, I bought this swaddle blanket in a sleepless haze that is meant to be used for 3-6 months. Caroline does really does well in it. I will probably wean her from it next month.
- She seems to have gotten over her hatred of the car, which is quite a relief. It really became stressful to ride in the car and her scream in it about 90% of the time.
- Her 4moms mamaRoo (stay tuned – I have an awesome giveaway for y’all with them on Friday). She especially loves it in the mornings when she is still a little tired and we are getting ready for the day.
- Grabbing her feet
- Eating her feet
- Rolling around all over the place
- According to Katie, she enjoys the voice of Tom Hiddleston reading Shakespeare
- Smiling and laughing at her sister
- Squealing really high
- Grabbing for objects in front of her
- Playing in her exersaucer
- Being tired. Tired is the worst thing in the world for this child. The only time this child will really scream is when she’s tired.
- Being hungry.
- Having a dirty or wet diaper. Sister will let you know when she needs to be changed.
- Yeah, that’s all I can think of right now. She’s generally a really happy little girl!
Happy 5 months, my Sweet Caroline!