When we found out we were having another little girl, I didn’t have any earthly idea on what I would do to decorate her nursery. We knew which room was hers, and it was already painted a nice, earthy taupe color that I honestly didn’t feel like repainting. I wanted to spend as little money on the nursery as possible while also making it feel like a cute space for Caroline. I also wanted something that would also grow with her as she grew.
It took me a really long time to decide on what the inspiration for the nursery would be. We bought her crib and dresser at Ikea (because, hello, second child), and those two pieces just sat in there for months. At first, I wanted neutral with colorful accents, but then I found a stunning quilt on etsy from Fern Leslie Baby and decided that I would play off of the colors in the quilt. From there, it just seemed easy.
I feel like there are little things I can still do here and there throughout the nursery. For example, I could change out all the knobs on the drawers to something cute and unique. I could also add a rug. My stepmom is also working on a watercolor that will go somewhere in the room, as well. To be honest, I finally put pictures in the frames, the room was immaculately clean, and I took pictures. If I didn’t take pictures or share it now, I probably never will. I know this because I never posted about Kennedy’s nursery on my blog. So we’ll just take what we can get, right?
The rocking chair was Kennedy’s, and so was that chest of drawers in the corner. I condensed some things in her room and we moved it into Caroline’s room. I spray painted an old party bunting gold. I spray painted the circle vine monogram silver. I painted a little accent drawer thingy white. I found a bunch of art on Pinterest, and I also created some of my own in Photoshop.
The paint color on the walls is Behr “Pure Earth.” I’m just in love with this quilt, and I really feel like it just channels Caroline. I have no idea how a quilt could channel a baby, but this one does.
Even though this nursery is something that is a lot of hand-me-downs and inexpensive items, I wanted something special in this space for Caroline. My friend, Bree, did these custom watercolors for me, and I think that they are just so special. They are the absolute perfect item for the nursery and it really makes the space special to me.
This little space above the changing table became a little hodge-podge. I spray painted some silver and gold, found a print off of Pinterest, printed some other photos I had. My mother-in-law picked up those little shoes and flower crown when she was in Mexico. That little accent drawer thingy is the official house for all hair bows, headbands, hats, and socks.
I almost always tear up when I hear the Vitamin String Quartet version of “Your Song”, so I thought this print was perfect for the nursery, along with the custom print I had made on Groopdealz. (Side note: oh my goodness, I’m now crying listening to the string quartet version of “Sweet Caroline” #postpartumhormones)
Items in Nursery:
- Crib – Ikea
- Dresser/Changing Table – Ikea
- Chest of Drawers – Babies ‘R Us
- Rocking Chair – Hayneedle
- Quilt – Fern Leslie Baby
- Picture Shelves – Ikea
- White 8×10 Picture Frames – Ikea
- Polka Dot Ottoman – Amazon
- Rocking Chair Pad – Amazon
- Custom Watercolor Portraits – Bree via her Etsy shop Lady Pair Designs
- Wooden Initial Monogram – Groopdealz (Unfinished Wood Co.)
- “I prayed for this child…” Print – Groopdealz (Handmade by Jennifer Chase)
- “How wonderful life is…” Print – Pinterest
- Gold Deer Head Print – Pinterest
- “C is for Caroline” Print – Pinterest
- Mobile – Babies ‘R Us (old, was in Kennedy’s nursery)
- Purple Stripe Canvas Bucket – Burlington Coat Factory
- Various picture frames that are old and some spray painted gold and silver
- Ampersand – Hobby Lobby (old)
- “Dream Big, Little One” & Initials 4×6 Prints – Made by me in Photoshop and printed at Walgreens
- “Hello, Love” 4×6 Print – Made by me in Photoshop and printed at Walgreens
- Accent drawer thingy – gifted a long time ago, spray painted white