Updated October 7, 2015
I did a little splurging at the drug store recently and decided it was time to give some cult beauty faves a try. I got some pretty awesome stuff, but I’ve got to focus on one thing at a time.
I had no idea how many women swear by this foundation, including makeup gurus! There are an overwhelming amount of positive reviews on my favorite beauty website, makeupalley.com. Almost 3,000 reviews with 71% positive things to say? I’d say it was worth it to shell out $8 to try this.
It is a perfect match with my skin. I got it in the second-to-lightest shade, Buff. For reference, my skin is a NW20 in MAC shades (if that means anything to you). You might also notice that it is pretty full coverage. I purchased the Oily/Combination formulation, and they also have a Dry skin formulation.
Using the Product:
– I find that you have to apply this foundation very quickly as it will dry fast. I use a stippling brush to apply and find that’s the best method for me.
-The coverage is pretty amazing. I would describe this as a medium/full coverage foundation and I don’t have to apply much concealer on trouble spots after applying this foundation.
– The only thing I don’t like about the application is that it doesn’t have a pump. I sometimes feel like I waste foundation just shaking it out onto my hand/finger.
– The color match, like I said, is pretty incredible for me.
– This foundation reminds me a lot of the Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + foundation… but, like a million times cheaper.
Thoughts After Using the Product:
– This stuff really stays put on skin! You really need a makeup remover (I use plain Extra Virgin Olive Oil in the shower) to be rid of the product completely at night.
– This hasn’t caused me any additional breakouts, which I’m prone to.
– I feel like this stuff doesn’t really cake up or oxidize too much on the skin.
– I don’t have to do much blotting/touching up with powder during the day.
|And that’s with a hormonal breakout.|
– Definitely worth it if you are at the drugstore and want to pick up something new to try.