Updated February 28, 2019
I’ve hit the second trimester! I wish I could tell you that it meant that butterflies and rainbows automatically appeared once this milestone hit, but I’m afraid I’m feeling much of the same.
Much evidenced by this week’s bump selfie. Nothing beats a bare-bellied sweatpants-wearing selfie in the Target dressing room. Keeping it klassy.
I mean, might as well take my shirt off for y’all before it gets plain weird to do so. Wait, posing in your sports bra and sweat pants in a Target dressing room is weird?
I’ve also got no perfectly poised and cute Pinterest-y bump pictures for you. No chalkboard backgrounds or “baby is the size of” captions. I’ve decided I’m just going to take a selfie, and maybe I’ll have fun with the selfies. You never know where the selfie may take place. And yes, it’ll be a selfie on my phone because Greg is the worst picture taker known to mankind.
So, fourteen weeks, eh?
I’ve had a headache every single day for the last seven days. Which, with combined with exhaustion, has still given me zero energy to blog. Or to do much of anything else, for that matter, except for take afternoon naps and catch up on my favorite Bravo shows.
I have so many ideas swimming around in my head, and so many cool beauty products to share with you, but I am just unmotivated. I really hope that energy returns stat.
Instead, you get a 14 week update. I might also mention that I’m not planning on doing those bump survey things that have somehow gotten popular on blogs because no, I am not feeling labor signs and obviously I have told everyone and their dog because it’s all over social media.
So how about the weird/random moments of the week?
- I have really been into eating really healthy salads for lunch. I pack them with spinach, quinoa, kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and feta and top it with a balsamic vinaigrette. They fill me up and keep me satisfied all afternoon. I have been really planning ahead the last two weeks to eat right, especially while at school during the day. I’ve felt a slight difference in energy. But I’m still exhausted (in case you forgot).
- I started eating said salad yesterday and immediately felt nauseated. So what did I do? Had Gardettos for lunch. #cleaneating
- I swear I already feel the baby moving. Am I crazy? I honestly think I’ve been feeling it for the past week or two. Is this even possible? Or is my body mutating? Having a baby is somewhat like mutating, so I am thinking this is possible.
- I’ve told a lot of my students but not all of them. I think with some classes I’m just not going to say anything and see how big I can get before anyone asks. And then when they ask, I can get all offended because they’re “calling me fat.” Yes, this can be funny.
- I’m kind of a little bit worried about work for next year. Oh, did I mention my due date is the Friday before the first day of school next year? Yeah, awesome timing. But hey, at least I get like a 5 month summer. I call that winning.
Well, this turned into quite an unconventional bump update. I dig it.
Yee haw, 14 weeks!