Updated February 28, 2019
Hey hey hey! I’m sorry I’ve been so absent from my blog, and especially from my last two bump updates. It’s been a busy two weeks, but we’ll recap all that in a second!
Everyone wanted to be in this week’s selfie, including Dexter! We just got back from our evening walk and so we are all kind of sweaty. And yeah, I really am looking a lot bigger in the last two weeks. And now for a long recap.
- Can we believe I’m in my third trimester?! Let that simmer. This is flying by.
- Looking and feeling a lot bigger lately. Frankly, I am feeling huge. I’ve ballooned all of a sudden. I’ve had a few people ask me if I am getting close and I’m like “yeah, I’ve got 2.5 months left.” So I guess it’s not that much more time in the grand scheme of things (holy crap, it really isn’t).
- I have been making it a point to be more active as I enter my third trimester. I really want to avoid feeling swollen and gaining excess weight, especially in the dead heat of summer. I know I do a lot of weight complaining, but at this point I really just don’t want to be uncomfortable! I’ve been pushing Kennedy in the stroller for nightly walks a lot lately it has made me feel really good and sleep well. I plan to reactivate my gym membership next week (yay summer!) to get some air-conditioned activity in, and so Kennedy can play at their super fun kids area. It’s a win for the both of us.
- I had my glucose test two weeks ago and passed! Woo hoo! I failed the 1-hour test with Kennedy so I was really nervous going into it. That 4 hour test is absolutely brutal so I’m glad I avoided it. They did, however, tell me that I am a tad anemic. I find that a bit surprising, but I’m trying to make sure I get more iron.
- Last week, I caught this really strange 24-hour-ish bug. I started feeling very nauseous one morning and just continued to feel worse as the day progressed. I went home and laid down during Kennedy’s nap time and I knew I had developed a fever. It got up to 102.3 at one point, and I called the after hours line for my OBGYN. They said if I couldn’t get my fever down with tylenol in one hour that I was to go to the hospital. Needless to say, that was scary, but I did get my fever down. I battled it with tylenol for another day, but have felt a little nauseous up until earlier this week. It was really weird. Thankfully I’m feeling a lot better now.
- My birthday was Tuesday and I turned the big 29+2. My mom is taking all of us out tomorrow night to my favorite restaurant ever (Brennan’s!!!!) and I’m excited for some shrimp and grits. Strangely enough I have wanted nothing to do with seafood this pregnancy, but I really want the shrimp and grits from Brennan’s.
- Latest cravings: ICE. I want to chew on ice all. the. time. It’s especially heavenly if it’s from Sonic, or if it’s been melting in my cup for a little while. GIMME ALL THE ICE. I guess it could definitely be a lot worse, huh?!
- These bras are a god send. A late night trip to Walmart led me to them (I don’t even know why I was there….#yolo) and I have no shame in how good they are. They will also work well for postpartum and nursing.
- Today is my last day of work for about FIVE MONTHS. I am so pumped for my extra long summer!
So there you have it. My bump lately. Invigorating. Exciting. Happy Friday, friends!