Updated February 28, 2019
The final six weeks are upon us. I’m 34 weeks!
That right there is my standard uniform these days. Yoga pants I bought two sizes up. Sports bra. Long tank top. Hair in a pony tail. Minimal makeup.
This Past Week:
- Baby girl has a birthday! Our c-section has been scheduled for August 19! It’s so weird knowing your baby’s birthday, that is, if she doesn’t come before then.
- I am all of a sudden in a bit of panic mode. I am looking at the calendar and it seems like the time has absolutely flown by and I still have so much to do. I am staying up far too late working on lesson plans for my awesome long-term sub and getting everything organized for the school year. The spring semester is going to be tough, to say the least, so I feel like I have to overcompensate with getting organized now.
- I finally decided on what I want to do for bedding in the nursery. I feel like I have been milling over this for months. Bedding sets are impractical in my eyes. I won’t use a bumper, and the ikea crib that we have is so low to the ground (and we already have the mattress on the lowest setting because it’s a pain to move) so there’s no point in putting a crib skirt on. I ordered a custom quilt on etsy and I plan on buying sheets and accessories to match. The nursery itself is still neutral, white and with silver and gold accents. The quilt has color. The nursery is slowly but surely coming together. Not like she’ll even sleep in there for the first couple months of her life, anyway.
- I’m still hitting the gym a couple times a week. It’s helping me feel energized and getting me through the days easier. Also? Wrangling a 2.5 year old toddler counts as an extra work out each day.
- I’m feeling good. No aches or pains. Just can’t stay in one position or be on my feet for too long. Some sciatic numbness in my right leg sometimes.
- I am still chewing ice like crazy. I think it’s time I head to Sonic and get a bag of ice. Oh dear, that sounds amazing.
- I’ve been seeing my doctor every two weeks. Two weeks from now, I’ll be seeing him every week until D-Day. That’s just crazy to me.
Happy Friday, friends!