Hey hey! I know I usually do my pregnancy updates on Fridays, but tomorrow’s my five year anniversary with Greg, so I wanted to let that day be special for that reason. I’m at my 36 week doctor appointment today, anyway, so it seems fitting enough!
This week’s selfie includes a non-maternity maxi dress here that has a waist in it. Not anymore. Waist? What waist? Also, here’s me 36 weeks with Kennedy. What do y’all think?
This Past Week:
- I’ll be honest with you all. I haven’t really gotten to enjoy this past week of my pregnancy, let alone my life at all. That is because I had the greatest idea ever to potty train Kennedy. It wasn’t a pleasant experience. I actually have a blog post coming up about that so I won’t belabor it in this post.
- So much bending over, lifting Kennedy, squatting, etc. My body just can’t keep up.
- I’ve been going to bed really late. In fact, I’m sitting here at midnight writing this post. I really should go to bed earlier since I’m about to have a newborn in the house. Kennedy sleeps til about 8:00 a.m., so I could get some awesome sleep if I wanted to. But nope. I’m a night owl. Productivity comes to me in the evenings.
- I’ve been feeling more and more uncomfortable lately. I just have a hard time staying in one position, whether it be sitting or standing. I’m only truly comfortable if I’m laying down on my side. Another sign I should go to bed earlier. I also had some really weird foot pain around my ankle that made it really painful to walk. I have no idea why.
- There are still things to do in the nursery, but all of them are sort of minor things. Spray painting frames, printing some printables, organizing the tubs of clothes to be handed down to the new babe.
- I feel really big. I don’t know if I look really big, but I’m feeling big. I’ve heard a few times in public that I look small to be delivering in less than a month. Not sure if they’re being nice or what. Doesn’t really matter.
- Hitting the gym is something I still do. I’ve felt less motivated lately, but I feel great when I do go. There was another pregnant woman at the gym the other day (she looked to be around as pregnant as me), and when we crossed paths, she said “get it, girl!” and I told her “good job!” That was a nice pregnant lady moment.
- I’m officially full term next week. That’s just insane. This pregnancy has seriously flown by, and part of me feels bad that I haven’t really slowed down to enjoy a lot of it. Second pregnancies are just so different.
- The best thing I did all week was take home a bag of ice from Sonic. Holy cow this takes my ice cravings to a new level!
Happy Thursday, Friends