Updated February 28, 2019
Well, you guys. This is the last weekly bump update. Can we even believe it?
Wow. So surreal. And in case you were wondering, here’s me pregnant with Kennedy at 39 weeks. I am not sure if I can tell much of a difference (thanks, crappy iPhone selfies), but I think I am a bit bigger in the belly this time. I don’t know. I had grand plans of busting out the DSLR camera and taking a cute picture for this final bump update, but you know what? I’m tired. I’m tired and I have a headache. At least I’m not writing this post at midnight. It hasn’t really ever been my style to go over the top with these updates, and I’ve tried to keep them as real and candid as I could. So another mirror selfie in my pregnancy uniform. Yep, those same dang yoga capris and maternity tee. You can also see the madness going on in the background, as we brought down a lot of stuff we plan to use and have started packing our hospital bags. There’s my bassinet back there (I slept in it as a baby!) that was passed down to Kennedy, and now passed down to her sister. Anyway, let’s get down to my weekly thoughts, because I have a feeling this will be a long one.
Thoughts This Week:
- My last work out at the gym was last week. I decided this week I would take it easy and not push myself. I’m glad I did because not only have I been more tired, but I’ve been busy getting my classroom and everything prepared up at school so my long term sub can easily come in and start the year off for me.
- Speaking of that, it’s kind of been a really busy week for me! I feel like most things have been done around the house to prep for the baby, but the school year will be starting out without me. Such a weird feeling to not meet my new students until November (even though a lot I have had before will be in a few classes). Luckily, I’m leaving them in very capable hands and I’m excited for him.
- I had my pre-op appointment Wednesday morning and I must admit that it started to feel real when we set foot in the hospital to register and get my blood work done. The last time we were there was when we were leaving with tiny little Kennedy. Just a really strange and awesome feeling!
- My 39 week appointment was also on Wednesday the pre-op blood work. My doctor checked me and my cervix is completely closed. So if I go into labor before Tuesday, it will be nothing short of a miracle. That baby is likely to stay put until Tuesday. Hey, I mean, you never know. But I wouldn’t get your hopes up.
- I’ve gained a total of 30 pounds. Much better than the 50 I gained last time! Although I will say I am already telling myself I will lose 40 because getting pregnant around Thanksgiving and Christmas when you’re pigging out gives you an unfair advantage on weight gain. I think my face has definitely puffed out the last couple of weeks. Oh well!
- My family and friends are seriously the sweetest people in the world because they threw me a surprise sprinkle! I kept telling everyone I didn’t need a party or a shower and that we had most of what we needed. Of course they didn’t listen to me and didn’t throw me a shower… because it was a sprinkle! Haha! I thought we were going to brunch and were going to pick up my mom, and lo and behold, we were having brunch at my mom’s place with all of the best ladies I know! It was nice to have a bunch of my closest friends and family (including my friend Anne who drove in from Austin to visit!) and just hang out. We stocked up on diapers and other sweet things. Even Kennedy got a few gifts! I seriously was totally surprised by it. They got me good!! I’ve never been thrown a surprise party before! I’ve gotta give major props to my sister, my mom, and my BFF Katie for putting it all together!
- And just when I thought it was over, yesterday my coworker (she’s like family) and some of my students (who came up to school during their last weeks of summer to work fish camp, no less) surprised me!!! They had set up all this food, drinks, cupcakes, balloons, and then got me a huge case of diapers and a Target gift card. I was seriously blown away! I love my kids and my coworker so much! I have no idea what I did to deserve all these sweet surprises this week but I am one happy mama.
- This post is getting long and I feel like I have so much more to say about this pregnancy. Methinks I’ll have to write more from the heart on Monday and leave you all with some pictures from the surprise sprinkle!
Happy Friday, friends!!