Makeup obsessed or not, mascara is something almost all of us wear. Mascara tends to be a really personal thing with people. They have very specific wants and needs, and usually when they find one they are loyal to it. I am the same way (ish). I tend to rotate through a few mascaras over and over, while throwing a new one or two into the rotation to see if I will like it. The thing is, I really don’t like spending a lot of money on mascara because it expires and/or dries up so quickly. I tend to buy about 99% of my mascara at the drugstore. If I try something new, I don’t feel bad wasting a lot of money on it if it’s a dud.
It can be really overwhelming, even at the drugstore, to pick out a mascara. It’s probably safe to say there are over 30 different mascaras in the drugstore alone. Ladies, I have tried nearly all of them. A lot are duds, but my favorite tried-and-true best drugstore mascara is there. Lucky for you, I made a list of my top 10 best drugstore mascaras! I have tried every single one on this list, and then I asked you guys on Facebook what your favorites were. A lot of you love what I do (do I have that kind of influence on you? Haha)! I’ve ranked them in most favorite to 10th favorite. Don’t judge me because I have 10 favorites. What if I had 10 kids… would you judge me for not picking a favorite then? Um… don’t answer that. Let’s just get to the best drugstore mascara.
The Best Drugstore Mascara
- L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black – This is my favorite drugstore mascara of all time. It gives incredible volume and length. It’s very black and doesn’t budge. I absolutely love the bristly brush. Although this is a “voluminous” mascara, this mascara does it all for me. They are feathery, long, and voluminous. Love.
- Maybelline Volum’ Express The Rocket – This has a rubber brush, and is tapered. Another one of those that gives me everything I want in a mascara. I personally think this is the best drugstore dupe to the Benefit They’re Real Mascara!
- Maybelline Volum’ Express The Falsies – I find that this is an amazing mascara for volume and length. It has a curved brush and really flares out the lashes.
- Jordana Best Lash Extreme – I was blown away by this mascara! It is the cheapest one on this list and provides a lot of volume. I also find that it stays put extremely well, as it is a non-waterproof formula.
- Cover Girl The Super Sizer – This is a newly launched mascara from Cover Girl. I was sent a press sample from them and holy cow I am impressed. It’s a really big tube with an inverted tapered wand. It claims to give 400% more volume. While I don’t know it has given me that much of an increase, it really does volumize a ton! is definitely my new favorite volumizing mascara. I love it!
- Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume – The classic orange tube Cover Girl mascara is a cult favorite for a reason. It is a fantastic volumizing mascara. It has a rubbery wand that grips the lashes easily to give great volume.
- Maybelline Lash Sensational – This mascara is relatively new to Maybelline. It claims to have a “fan effect” on the lashes. I definitely see that! It is a fantastic lengthening mascara and really flares out my lashes.
- L’Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes – I used to use this mascara all the time. I recently went back to it and realized why I used to love it so much. It’s one of those mascaras that claim to do it all, and for me, it really does a lot. I really like the thinner tapered bristle brush.
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Retroglam – This is kind of a wild card here because I think it’s an unexpected pick. I really like the brush on this mascara for length, even though it’s advertised as a volumizing mascara. It’s a huge hourglass shaped bristle brush and I find that it really fans out the lashes. It’s kind of hard to get in there and grab all the lashes for volume, but definitely love it for length.
- Neutrogena Healthy Volume Mascara – I really have enjoyed this mascara. It has a very similar wand to my #1 L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black. I just really love a good bristly brush. I think, though, it just volumizes for me.
Now what about you? Which is the best drugstore mascara for you? Be sure to check out the Beauty section before you go.