Updated March 5, 2019
Well, here we are. The last month before the year mark hits us. I seriously cannot believe it. I say it every single month, but time flies so fast, and I feel like it’s even faster with the second baby. Let’s just stop with the cliche intro and just get right into it. She was so hard to photograph this month! Such a squirmy worm and she decided it would be a good time to put her hand in her mouth.
- Food is Caroline’s favorite thing. She gets very vocal with it, if it isn’t in front of her exactly when she wants it to be. She will eat literally anything, but alas this is the age where babies aren’t picky.
- I am still nursing her. It happens anywhere from 2-4 times a day. She also gets 3 table meals and a snack or two. I need to stop nursing her before bed so she doesn’t get completely hooked on it. I might start that soon where I drop that nursing session and just hold/rock her to sleep.
- Sleep is still great. She has been sleeping from 7-7:15, sometimes 7:30. She takes a morning nap for about an hour and an afternoon nap for about 1.5-2 hours. Kennedy has been straight up refusing to nap lately and it’s been kind of rough on me, so I’m making her have “quiet time” while Caroline naps in the afternoon. They were taking their afternoon nap at the same time and it was glorious, but I am not sure that is going to happen again. Ugh!!
- This child is my little daredevil. She is pretty fearless and loves being manhandled (thrown up in the air, hung upside down, the pool, the beach, etc.). Probably not the best idea to throw her around, but she loves it.
- Caroline is cruising along the furniture like crazy, and is crawling super fast. She loves it when Kennedy crawls around on the floor with her and plays.
- She can clap, wave, and dance on command. She understands simple things like “go get sissy” (crawls towards Kennedy) and “Where’s Dexter?” (she looks at the cat).
- Caroline isn’t talking as much as I remember Kennedy talking. I have a feeling it’s probably because Kennedy does enough talking for everyone. But Caroline can mimic sounds and babbles all the time. She has said dada, mama, Dexter (deh-ta). She doesn’t say them often.
- She has a sweet little spirit. Most of the time she is just happy. But she is starting to get pretty vocal when she wants something (most of the time it’s at mealtimes).
- We have a date and a theme for her first birthday party. We’re going to go with “twinkle twinkle little star, one year old is what you are.” Gold, stars, pink and blue. Just cute and fun.
Happy 11 months, my sweet Caroline! We love you so so much!