Updated March 6, 2020
I’m back at it again with another holy grail post! This time we’re chatting all about my current holy grail powders! If you missed last week, make sure to check out my Current Holy Grail Foundations.
Let’s get this party started!
Current Holy Grail Powders – Loose & Pressed!
Here are four of my holy grail loose powders!
1. Maybelline Fit Me Loose Finishing Powder
The Maybelline Fit Me Loose Finishing Powder is my top favorite loose powder I’ve ever used! It is very similar to the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder, but with more shades, a little more blurring, and less dry. I always know it will perform great under the eyes and set my makeup amazingly. I wear share Fair Light. A couple of facts/claims:
- 8 shades – great for all skin types
- Light coverage
- Mineral-based formula helps control shine and smooth texture
2. Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder
The Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder has been around forever, and has a cult following! The powder is incredibly finely milled and does a fabulous job of smoothing the face and setting makeup. I feel like it lasts really well, too! The only thing I do not care for is that it’s pretty heavily scented… and it smells like grandmas. Haha. I wear shade Translucent. A couple of facts/claims:
- A couple of different shades, but nothing on the deep end of the spectrum. Not 100% sure it’ll work for deep skin tones.
- Lightweight lasting coverage
- Blurs out wrinkles and imperfections
- unique airspun powder
3. Becca Hydra-Mist Set & Refresh Powder
The Becca Hydra-Mist Set & Refresh Powder is the most unique product on this list. It’s got such a unique feel and experience. It’s hard to describe, but it almost feels like water. It’s cooling, lightweight, and never looks cakey on the skin. It’s nearly undetectable. I prefer to use this with a brush on the skin – using a damp beauty blender makes this apply weird. Product claims include:
- Weightless setting powder formulated with 50% water
- Creates a mist-like sensation on skin for a seamless finish and comfortable feel
- Ultra-fine light-reflecting powder
- Formulated without parabens, sulfates, and phthalates
4. Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder – Glow
The Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder in Glow is so unique and lovely! I would advise against using this under eyes to set concealer, and to use a brush with this. A light dusting of this all over the face gives the complexion a lovely glow and healthy look. I absolutely love it! Product claims include:
- Sets makeup for up to 12 hours of luminous, weightless wear
- Contains a custom blend of pearl pigments
- Lightweight texture, sheer coverage
- No flashback
- Resists settling into fine lines and pores
Now let’s chat all about my favorite pressed powders!
5. Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder
The Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder is my absolute favorite pressed powder! It’s luxurious, finely milled, has a bit of coverage and pigment, and really makes the skin looked airbrushed. You can use this with a damp beauty blender or a brush. It is perfection! Product claims include:
- ultra-fine powder that blurs imperfections and reduces shine
- breathable micro-fine powder
- does not cake or sit in lines
6. Flower Beauty Light Illusion Powder
The Flower Beauty Light Illusion Powder is the best dupe I’ve found to the Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Powder! You can see me wearing them side by side in this post. So, if you can’t splurge on the Charlotte Tilbury one, give this a go. It’s pretty hard to find Flower Beauty in stores nowadays (seems they’re not in Walmarts and Ultas anymore, but I’ve seen them in Kroger), so I just buy online. I wear the shade Porcelain under my eyes and Beige around the face. Product claims include:
- Medium buildable coverage
- 4 shades, will work for a lot of skin tones
- blurring pigments
7. It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Pressed Powder
I keep the Bye Bye Pores Pressed Powder in my purse at all times because it is the best for touch ups! It truly is translucent, blurs any imperfections, and does not add any cakey-ness to the makeup. This also is fabulous to set makeupwith, either with a brush or a sponge. Product claims include:
- Instantly minimizes the look of pores and imperfections
- Universal translucent shade works on all skin tones
- Delivers a shine-free finish that lasts
8. Urban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Setting Powder
This is a new favorite, but it immediately blew me away (and I did not expect it to)! I thought it would be way more dry than it actually is. I wore it in Disney and my makeup really did stay put! It has a bit of a pigment in the pan but truly goes on translucent and undetectable. No caking at all. I also didn’t feel like it was too dry. This is advertised as best for oily skin types but I really feel like a lot of people will love this! Product claims include:
- matte that lasts up to 11 hours
- Translucent and weightless
- Works on a wide range of skin tones
What’s your favorite powder? Any on this list? Hope this was helpful!