If you are not cleaning your makeup brushes and sponges regularly, you are asking for all sorts of problems. You could potentially be smushing bacteria back into your skin, it could clog your pores, and cause breakouts.
I know it can be a pain to wash your brushes, but I’ve got 2 easy ways for you to get it done! I promise this takes no time at all and if you make it a regular habit, you won’t find yourself overwhelmed by the task. See the video below!
How to Clean Your Makeup Brushes and Sponges Video Tutorial
Method 1 – How to clean your makeup brushes and sponges with bar soap
This method works the best with makeup sponges and the harder to clean brushes!
- Place the bar of soap at the bottom of the sink.
- Turn the faucet on and run warm water over it
- Rub the makeup sponge or brush bristles along the bar of soap under running water
- Rinse, towel dry, and lay flat or at a downward angle to dry.
Method 2 – How to clean your makeup brushes and sponges with dish soap
This method works best with brushes that are dirtied by powder products.
- Place a pump of dish soap in the bottom of a small dish and cover with warm water
- Swirl the brush around in the soapy solution
- Massage bristles, rinse, and repeat if needed.
- Towel dry and lay flat or at a downward angle to dry.
If you want to clean multiple brushes at a time, do this in a bigger dish or mason jar, and swirl around multiple brushes at a time. You can also let the brushes sit in the soapy solution for a few minutes (do not let them sit for too long, as it can damage the glue/ferrule of the brush).
I hope that was helpful! Now you know how to clean your makeup brushes and sponges! Yay!
Also, if you like this post, make sure to check out…
…and make sure to check out all of my beauty content!