Updated August 14, 2021
Looking for a beauty blender dupe? Look no further! I’ve got 5 beauty blender dupes you can find on Amazon for the fraction of the price.
A makeup sponge or beauty blender is totally a staple for my daily makeup routine. I don’t know if I can even blend out my concealer without it anymore. While I do love the original BeautyBlender, it can seem a little ridiculous to pay $20 for a single sponge. I think that little pink egg is worth the splurge, but it may not be in the budget for you. That’s why I’ve tried out all sorts of makeup sponges to find a good beauty blender dupe in 2021. Out of all my makeup tools, a blending sponge is something I use every single time I apply my makeup!
After years of testing, I’ve narrowed it down to 5 sponges that I officially call the best beauty blender dupes. I will say not all of these sponges are exactly like the beauty blender sponge, but they are fantastic sponges that I love and continue to use. I’ll explain how each sponge feels in comparison to the original BeautyBlender and what I love about it. Y’all ready for this?
One other awesome thing about this list of beauty blender dupes is that you can purchase every one of these on Amazon! I’ve linked everything to make it for easy shopping on your next Amazon run.
The 5 Best Beauty Blender Dupes
1. Beakey Blender Sponge Set // This is the BEST beauty blender dupe of the bunch for a couple of reasons. You get a five pack for under $10, the quality is incredible and they’re soft and squishy. They are a latex-free sponge. I also have a coupon code that gets you an additional 20% off these sponges (or anything in the Beakey store) – use code megsave20 at Amazon checkout (what a great deal)! I know a few makeup artists that have the Beakey makeup sponge set in their professional kits! Truly the best sponges, especially for the price point. Not to mention, this product has a ton of rave reviews on Amazon.
2. Aesthetica Beauty Sponge Blender // This used to me my top beauty blender dupe, until it was dethroned by the Beakey Blenders. It is a black sponge that is very very close to the original Beauty Blender. Aesthetica’s beauty sponge is made from latex-free foam, is vegan, and cruelty-free. I find it to be just dense enough, but also bouncy enough! I really enjoy using this sponge.
3. Ecotools Perfecting Blender // I love how this comes in a set of two sponges. It’s a little more sponge-y than the original BeautyBlender, but what I do love is the flat edge on one side of the sponge. It’s awesome for more precision work, or if you like to be a contour queen. These feel a little more “foam-y” but are incredibly soft and do the job flawlessly. These sponges are crafted with an EcoFoam technology, and they contain over 80% plant-based materials. In this set of 2 sponges, one is smaller that the other. You can use the smaller one for more precision or hard to reach areas, and the larger one to get a smooth application with your foundation.
4. Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge // This sponge used to never leave my makeup drawer. It’s a lot more squishy than the beauty blender, and it feels denser. But it’s an incredible sponge worth trying. This comes in a 2-pack, and these sponges are made with revolutionary latex-free foam technology. This sponge has a flat side, which makes it easy to contour, and the rounded side is good for foundation application. Having flat edges on your sponge can be a useful feature!
5. L’Oréal Paris Makeup Infallible Blend Artist Makeup Blender Sponge // I love the shape of this sponge. It’s very ergonomic and fits well in your hand. I will say that it’s a little harder than the original BeautyBlender, but it performs awesome. If you prefer a more firm makeup sponge, you’ll love this one. Do we have an exact BeautyBlender dupe? Not 100%. But we’ve got a great option at the drugstore.
How to Use Your Makeup Sponge
- The best way to get a flawless finish to your makeup is to have a damp sponge. Run it under water and squeeze out the excess, and you can also wring it out with a towel. You do not want a wet sponge. Having a damp sponge makes it easy to apply your products.
- To get a flawless application and airbrushed finish, apply foundation in a light layer. Take your damp beauty blender with the rounded bottom facing the skin, and, in a pouncing motion, stipple it into the skin.
- Do not drag the sponge across your face, as it can wipe away coverage. You want to lightly press the product into the skin with an up and down motion. You can layer it to build coverage.
- After applying concealer, use the pointed end of the sponge to blend it in, using that same pouncing motion.
- If your sponge has a flat edge, you can use that to apply cream contour.
- Along with concealer, you can use the pointed side for cream/liquid highlighter and blush.
- You can even apply powder with your beauty blender! Just dip it into your loose or pressed powder and press it into the skin.
Do you use a BeautyBlender or another makeup sponge? Which one do you prefer?
Love this beauty blender dupe blog post? Make sure to check out my other beauty and drugstore content!
5 Best Drugstore Translucent Powders
7 Cheap Makeup Brands that are Actually Great Quality
Anastasia Brow Wiz Dupe
Eyeshadow Step by Step Tutorial
Best Drugstore Makeup Tutorial
Looking for the Best Drugstore Eyebrow Pencil? 5 Options You Should Try
…or browse all of my drugstore beauty content!