Do you love the Anastasia Brow Wiz but need a more affordable alternative? I’ve searched high and low and found the best Anastasia Brow Wiz dupe you will love!
I was perusing Ulta the other week with my bestie, Katie. We eat and makeup shop – that’s how we roll. I spotted the NYX Micro Brow Pencil, and it looked eerily similar to my holy grail eyebrow product, the Anastasia Brow Wiz . I’m all about a good dupe, and I love discovering new ones so I can share them with you. Despite the fact that I constantly keep two Anastasia Brow Wiz pencils in my possession at all times (I need a back up if one runs out! Hashtag makeup Armageddon…omgggggg), I had to try the NYX product out to see if I could find something that came remotely close and could call it my Anastasia Brow Wiz dupe. I have yet to find the perfect brow product at the drugstore, aside from the Milani Clear Brow Gel, so I was excited to try this!
Anastasia Brow Wiz Dupe
Now, let’s talk about the specifics. I think in order for this to be a good dupe, it should be a good color match, applies similarly, and performs as good as its high-end competitor.
Anastasia Brow Wiz vs. NYX Micro Brow, The Packaging:
- It’s identical. NYX really is paying homage to the Anastasia Brow Wiz here (or is that copying?).
- The only slight difference is the spoolie on the bottom is a little longer and thinner than the Anastasia Brow Wiz.
- They also open on opposite sides of the packaging logos. Maybe that makes it not an exact copy cat, so NYX can get away with it?
Anastasia Brow Wiz vs. NYX Micro Brow, The Color:
- The NYX Micro Brow Pencil comes in eight shades, which is very impressive, considering it’s a “drugstore” product. The Anastasia Brow Wiz comes in nine shades.
- I picked up the shade Taupe because I felt like there wasn’t anything similar (Ash Brown seemed like it would be too dark for me).
- Little did I know that Taupe would be an almost dead on dupe for Soft Brown! This may be disappointing, though, for people who are used to Anastasia’s Taupe. I would assume this is not a match at all. I can wear Taupe or Soft Brown in the Brow Wiz, but I think Soft Brown is a little bit of a better match. If that helps any.
Anastasia Brow Wiz vs. NYX Micro Brow, The Application / Use:
- The Anastasia Brow Wiz is very easy to use. It glides on, is creamy, and looks very natural.
- The NYX Micro Brow Pencil is a little waxier. It takes me a lot longer to fill in my brows than it does with the Anastasia Brow Wiz, but I’m willing to forgive that because sometimes waxy can be better. It lends itself to looking more natural.
- The NYX pencil looks incredibly natural and is actually a lot more long-wearing than the Anastasia Brow Wiz. I swatched both on my hand when I got home, and it took a lot longer for the NYX one to rub off. I was impressed! I always set my brows with a clear brow gel, though, and I didn’t notice a huge difference when the NYX was applied on my brows versus when the Brow Wiz was.
Now for a look at the product on my actual eyebrows. On my actual face. Let’s forget it was a “no makeup makeup” day here and forgive that I do need to groom them a bit. I just went in for a light filling so that I don’t look completely whack. The more that I look at this picture, the more I think the NYX is a better match for my brows. The Anastasia is looking a little warmer in this photo, to me. I will say – in person, you really cannot tell a difference. I’ve been walking around with eyebrows filled in by two different products and nobody has pointed out my grave mistake. Not that Greg or the two small children in my house would even notice or care, to begin with. But, that’s beside the point.
Yes, the NYX Micro Brow Pencil is a dang good dupe for the Anastasia Brow Wiz! I will probably have both in my collection, because I do love both products (and, lezbehonest, I hoard makeup)! If you’ve been wanting to try the Anastasia Brow Wiz, but can’t justify $21 for a brow pencil, definitely go out and grab the NYX Micro Brow Pencil, the true Brow Wiz dupe, IMO. I haven’t seen it anywhere but Ulta. Also, Ulta always sends out 20% off coupons, so make sure to use one on this!
Shop Anastasia Brow Wiz & The NYX Micro Brow
If you love this post, check out other posts where I’ve featured the Anastasia Brow Wiz!
A Face Full of Makeup Dupes – Half High End, Half Drugstore
Natural Eyebrow Tutorial
Empties! Makeup & Skincare I’ve Used Up – Would I Purchase Again?
10 Best Sephora Beauty Products Worth Every Penny
10 High End Makeup Products Worth the Splurge
Looking for the Best Drugstore Eyebrow Pencil? 5 Options You Should Try
Or browse all of my makeup blog posts HERE!