Updated December 29, 2017
Here we are. Another year down, another year to be proud! 2017 was certainly a doozie. First of all, want to thank you for being a part of my journey. All of your clicks, comments, likes, shares, and repins mean the world to me. I really would be nothing if it weren’t for you! I’ve been at this gig for almost nine years, and so many trends have come and gone. I’m so grateful to still be a part of this space.
Every year I do a yearly recap and I look forward to taking a look back and celebrating the year. There are lots of things worth celebrating!
2017 Moments I’m Proud of:
- Trademarking “Meg O.”! Definitely one step to being a serious business! It allowed me to claim social media handles, as well.
- Getting invited by La Roche-Posay to New York City for their Be Clear Bootcamp. It was my first press trip, and was definitely a “pinch me” moment!
- Hosted another successful Perform on Pinterest Workshop in Houston! We had a blast teaching all of our Pinterest secrets to local bloggers and business owners.
- Started offering live virtual Perform on Pinterest workshops for bloggers all over! Stay tuned for the next workshop – we will be having one in January!
- A beautiful trip to Napa Valley paid for by the blog, and I also got to collaborate with some fabulous hotel and hospitality businesses.
- The biggest one of all… I left my teaching career of ten years to become a full-time blogger.
Top Five Blog Posts Written in 2017:
These five blog posts written in 2017 were the ones that received the most traffic. I have many posts written in past years that receive daily traffic thanks to Pinterest, but wanted to focus on the top posts of this year. They definitely were some of my favorite to write!
I Also Loved Writing About:
- I really enjoyed incorporating a little fashion into my blog (along with kids’ fashion). I don’t plan for it to be a huge focus on my blog, but I really enjoy putting together looks and shooting photos of them!
- My Eyeshadow Tutorial for Beginners was filmed/written towards the end of the year, but I’m really happy with how it turned out, and a lot of my readers have told me how helpful it was for them!
- I had the best time filming My Three-Year-Old Does my Makeup. Caroline is a hoot!
- I love the look I created with my Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Tutorial.
- I really enjoy making travel vlogs and did a few this year.
Goals for 2018:
I’ve been thinking a lot about this and I keep coming back to the idea of always staying true to me. I think I did do that a lot this year, and it is my goal even more for 2018. Staying true to me makes a better experience for you.
I’m not here to win a popularity contest. While I think it’s great to have goals about numbers, follower counts, etc., I do think it’s going to hold me back to think about that this year. I will absolutely strategize and work on growing, but I refuse to let it dictate my worth. I’ve found so much success without having a million followers, and I’m so happy with the space I’ve created.
And, here’s where you come in…
I need your help! Please fill out my annual survey!
Every year for the last couple of years I have done a reader survey and always appreciate the honest feedback I get from it. You all inspire me to work harder and deliver content that you all want to see. After all, I don’t blog to show off and show the world how great I am. I blog to connect with YOU, to help YOU, and to be a friend to YOU.
This survey is completely anonymous and each question is optional. Answer as little or as much as you’d like. If you’re having trouble getting the survey to display, CLICK HERE to open it up in a new window. If you are viewing this on desktop, sorry about how skinny this is! I have it optimized so my mobile readers can view it easily!
Again, thank you so much for following along and being a part of my journey. I am so thankful for you and excited about this upcoming year! Cheers to 2018!!