Updated May 26, 2017
I haven’t written a beauty related post in quite a while, so it’s about darn time I do! I am always obsessed with all things beauty and I always research the heck out of something before I buy it. I hate having to spend tons of money only for something to not work for me. I like quality products, but they must be worth the money!
Anyway, it was time for me to re-stock my foundation supply. I have been into liquid foundations lately, especially ones that can build coverage. With a good primer and setting powder, it just seems to work better for my combination skin. Hormonal acne loves to pop up on my face when I least expect it. I’ll literally be completely clear and then the next day I can feel a painful cyst coming on. Granted, my skin has gotten so much better after doing various things, particularly exfoliating, moisturizing, and Retin-A. But with that Retin-A comes some dryness, so a liquid foundation is definitely a must for me.
I’ve talked about before how I love the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation. I still think it’s great product, but I kind of was getting sick of it. I wanted to try something else. I have makeup ADD – I can’t help it.
So, with a little bit of researching, I decided to skip out on Sephora and head to the MAC counter! I used to be quite the MAC snob. It literally was the only thing I would own (until I got makeup ADD). I still have tons of eyeshadows (I’m talking two palettes worth) that I use all the time, but I haven’t used much else since college. I learned that MAC put out a new liquid foundation and I was eager to try it! So, let’s get down to business, shall we?! Here’s my Mac Pro Longwear foundation review!
|Click on the photo to go purchase|
According to MAC, this foundation is “A long-wear foundation that gives up to 15 hours of wear in any environmental condition. Lightweight and creamy, applies smoothly to provide sheer to medium coverage. Even in hot and humid conditions, controls oil to keep skin fresh, natural and flawless. Provides everyday SPF protection.”
– $29.50 is much cheaper than the MUFE HD that runs for $42 for the same amount of product (1 oz).
– SPF 10 with Titanium Dioxide is an absolute plus! I will never wear chemical sunscreens.
– I don’t see any recognizable parabens listed in the ingredients, but I could be an idiot or they deceived me.
– Color match is a little different than the other MAC shades. I usually wear NW/NC 20 (I like to balance out my pink tones with golden, so I usually do an NC shade) but I had to get this in NC 15, which is actually their lightest shade. I could have probably done NC20, but I would rather warm my complexion up with bronzer.
– At the MAC Counter, the Sales Associate put this foundation on one side of my face and the Studio Fix Fluid on the other side. It was remarkable on how much better this looked on my skin. The color, the coverage, and the finish.
|That is one pump of it.|
|Pink-ness goes bye bye!|
|My cheap kabuki brush is great for buffing, but that’s about it. The MAC 187 is the best freakin’ brush you’ll ever buy for liquid foundation, and it does so much more. I don’t know why I haven’t had this sooner. The one that is pictured is a Special Edition one that came in a brush set out for Christmas 2010 (and it just so happens to be the same price for the set as one 187 brush). The only difference between that and the regular one is the size of the handle and the gold metal.|
– The foundation is very matte and dries pretty quickly, so you must apply it in sections and make sure to buff it for that airbrushed look.
– This can look very cake-y if you do not blend well.
– Sometimes I need a little extra moisturizer or I will mix this with some if I have some Retin-A flakies.
– The coverage is medium for me, but is very buildable and I can get a full coverage by applying it in layers like I described.
– Those with dry skin may not like this as it may be too matte for their skin.
– If you want a super full coverage, you may not like this as you have to apply it in layers for it to fully cover (I like this so I can use less foundation and just conceal stubborn spots).
– You guys know how I have been busy directing a play along with teaching. I didn’t do any touch ups or even have time to powder my nose during the busy day. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and was shocked to see that it was still there and it still looked good! Not to mention, the temperatures have still been in the 70s-80s here with tons of humidity. MAC lives up to its claims with this really staying put.
– I’ve been using this for about three weeks and I’ve had no major breakouts or reactions to the product.
|Great coverage, flawless finish!|
Please note: I was not compensated in any way to do this review. I research and buy all of my own products. If my review isn’t enough, feel free to check out more here at makeupalley.com (my favorite beauty secret)!