Crazy how time flies. It’s May and I’m somewhat nearing the end of the second trimester. Wow. 24 weeks, y’all! I also have a hilarious selfie for ya. We’re back in the bathroom, just like 16 weeks, including wearing the same red shirt!
Oh yes, this is fun. As you can tell, I’ve been talking to Kennedy more about the “baby in mommy’s belly.” I don’t think she quite understands the concept, but when I ask her “where’s mommy’s baby?” then she points to my tummy and says “right here!” I have also asked her if she wants the baby to come out and she says no most of the time, but recently she said yes. Last night I asked if she wanted the baby to be a boy or a girl and she said girl. So, progress.
This Past Week (or Two):
- Weight shoots up in increments of a few pounds and then plateaus for about a month. I looked at the scale at the doctor’s office. I can’t help it. Weight seems to be gaining in my belly and my butt. Oh well.
- I think I look pretty similar in every other place besides my belly, compared to my 16 week post.
- I still haven’t been as active as I would have liked to, but I am still taking long walks pushing the stroller about once a week or so. Again, not as much as I’d like. I plan on reactivating my gym membership soon so I can keep active during the summer. Not going crazy, just something to keep me active when it’s way too hot outside.
- Still eating pretty clean during the week but finding myself not being able to resist a piece of candy here and there. Food is always on the brain.
- My skin hasn’t really been breaking out very much. It actually looks good for once! My hair and skin is reacting to pregnancy much different this time, and in a good way!
- We are finally going to start putting the second nursery together. This time – ikea! Right now that room is being used as an office, but it’s the best spot to put the second nursery since it’s right next to Kennedy’s room. We have four bedrooms upstairs (our master is downstairs), two of which are on one side of the game room and two are on the other side. Greg works from home most days so we’ll have to move the office into one of the other two guest rooms and try to make it work. We haven’t really thought it through that much, but I’m sure it’ll be fine. I have some nursery ideas but I am going to wing it, much like everything else during this pregnancy!
I hope to be back to blogging a little more regularly soon! I have been swamped with launching Little Kennedy Boutique along with… ya know, working a full time job and being a wife and mom. And as a side note, I’m still celebrating my grand opening over at Little Kennedy Boutique. Enter “grandopening” at checkout and you can receive 10% off your order and free shipping!