26 weeks, 26 weeks. Here we are, yo.
This Past Week:
- It’s been super busy. My brother flew in from Los Angeles for Mother’s Day and we spent a lot of time with my family. Then Kennedy got an ear infection on Saturday so we had to keep her resting as much as we could, all through the holiday weekend. Then I had three late nights at school for performances. I’m pretty much exhausted.
- I think I had a spurt of nesting on Saturday. While Kennedy was laying on the couch feeling all sickly and we were waiting to visit with family, I went crazy cleaning the kitchen and organizing around the house. That included sweeping and mopping. If only that energy went to the bathroom mirror.
- Snoring is still in full effect. Poor Greg has banished himself to a guest room in the middle of the night.
- I haven’t had many cravings until the other day when I heard a Blue Bell Ice Cream commercial for Red, White, and Blue Bell. It’s vanilla, strawberry, and blueberry ice cream in one!!!! Can we say perfect summer ice cream? My sweet husband went out and got me some and it was even better than I expected.
- We have a name, pretty much. We haven’t really been telling people the baby’s name and I keep telling my students that we haven’t decided. I don’t know why. I think it’s just because we don’t want to feel like we have to set it in stone. But I’m about 90% sure we’ll end up using that name.
- I feel fine usually. I have had some lower back pain from being at school late at night a few days this week, but nothing major.
- I really think I look more belly this time than when I was pregnant with Kennedy. I think my belly looks as if it did when I was 30 weeks pregnant with Kennedy. My belly is also rounder. And my belly button is a lot flatter. I guess baby number two really makes you bigger, faster!
- I really hope to get out and get active the rest of this week, because I have random moments of feeling tired. I hope to turn that around. The weather has been absolutely beautiful and unusually cool so I need to take advantage of it before it’s way too hot to even go outside!
- I can’t believe it’s been three years since we found out I was pregnant with Kennedy. Oh, how things can change in just a few short years.
Happy Friday, friends!