Updated March 19, 2018
We’ve gone over it time and time again – I love makeup. (THE SHOCK!) It’s just my hobby. I love collecting, applying, and perfecting makeup. I don’t need it for my confidence, although it makes me feel pretty. I swatch, I test, and I rotate through hundreds of products just for fun. I do not discriminate against high end or drugstore. In fact, we all know I love drugstore makeup. I love finding dupes. I love anything I can get my hands on for cheap!
I have tried a ton of drugstore makeup, and there is a lot to sift through. It can be overwhelming when you walk in and you are surrounded by a myriad of brands and products. I think it can be just as overwhelming as any other high end makeup store or counter. I also think the drugstore can be deceptive at times, because many products (especially foundations) are over $10. I think it’s tough to take drugstore beauty risks for more than $10 because return policies aren’t as flexible as high end retailers. Have no fear! This is why I am here for you. I am your drugstore makeup concierge, okay?
Although this was a tough task, I have come up with my top 10 beauty products under $10! I have tried and own every single product on this list, and I only chose things that I fully believe in. I’ve also listed the lowest price I have found these products, because prices vary from store to store. You’re going to want to whip out your notes app on your phone to write these down. What, you don’t have an ongoing beauty wish list on your phone?
Top 10 Beauty Products Under $10
1. Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso – $7.49 – This is, by far, my most favorite drugstore blush. It is one of the more expensive ones, but it is well worth it. This color is also incredible! Shimmery and glittery blushes aren’t typically my favorite (I don’t usually love the vampire look), but OhMyGoodness this one is so flattering. I don’t need a highlighter, but I am not a disco ball. I don’t get why. It just works. You need it. Okay?
2. Wet ‘n Wild Eyeshadow Trio in ‘Walking on Eggshells’ – $2.99 – Anytime I need to recommend eyeshadow to a novice, it is always this eyeshadow trio. It is so easy to use, it has 3 universally flattering shades, they are highly pigmented, and it is cheap! Remember, we like cheap! Cheap makeup, people. You will not be disappointed with this one. In fact, the bottom “eyelid” shade is so similar to Urban Decay’s “sin” (found in the first Naked Palette), but you aren’t sinning by only spending $2.99 for three eyeshadows. BAM.
3. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer – $4.19 – Elsa and I have the same motto: “conceal, don’t feel.” It’s embarrassing how many concealers I own. I’m constantly on the quest to find the best one ever. And ladies, I cannot put these Maybelline concealers down. They are creamy, pigmented, blendable, and stay put. I have them in two shades. Many say that this is a drugstore dupe for the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. I just got my hands on the Nars one, and I am still testing it out, but it is looking good for Maybelline so far!
4. L’Oreal True Match Foundation – $6.99 – This is another product that I recommend to novices. Heck, anyone really would love this. The reason I recommend this to novices is because it comes in lots of shades, is extremely easy to work with and blend, and can be worn sheer or built to high coverage. It just is the best, hands down.
5. Rimmel Stay Matte Powder – $3.99 – I continue to repurchase this because it works. It’s not a chalky, cake-y finish. It sets foundation and concealer, and it works. It’s cheap. We like cheap.
6. Maybelline Gel Liner – $5.99 – This is a new discovery for me. Why did I wait so long to purchase this? It is, quite possibly, the best gel eyeliner I have ever tried. I’ve had MAC and Bobbi Brown in my collection. I used to love the E.L.F. one, but this one stays put even longer (even my olive oil makeup remover couldn’t get it all off). Color me totally impressed.
7. Wet ‘n Wild Megalast Lipstick – $1.99 – I’ve got a few of these, and I am incredibly impressed. They are cult favorites among beauty enthusiasts. I can’t believe they are only $1.99. They perform just as good as my MAC lipsticks! Stoplight Red is said to be a dupe for MAC’s Ruby Woo (in color, not in finish). I don’t own Ruby Woo, but I do love Stoplight Red!
8. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Polish – $2.49 – The bottom drawer to my makeup cabinet is dedicated to nail polish. Don’t judge, okay? I don’t talk a ton about nail polish here, but I always do my own nails at home once a week. I own OPI, Essie, Illamasqua, Butter London, etc., and these Sally Hansen polishes can hold up to any other high end brand I own. They have trending colors, so if you want to try a trendy color but you’re not sure if it will look fabulous on you, at least you’re only out $2.49.
9. Dove Dry Shampoo – $3.99 – My favorite dry shampoo, ever! The thing that I love the most about the Dove dry shampoo is that it’s not near as powdery as others, but it still leaves my hair refreshed. I hate having that powdery buildup on my scalp (um, gross?), and this one is the best. I also hate highly scented dry shampoos, and this one is really unoffensive.
10. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil – usually under $10 – My all-purpose beauty lifesaver. What can you not do with coconut oil? I use it as moisturizer, eye cream, as a part of my hot oil hair treatment, on my cuticles, on my feet, to condition my eyelashes. It goes everywhere. If you don’t own coconut oil, A) where have you been??? and B) get you some.
And that’s it! Hope you guys found something you want to run out and try immediately! Please leave comments with your holy grail products under $10, because I need to know these things. And yeah, I’ve gotta put them on my never-ending beauty wish list on my phone! Because I have one. Duh.
Shop the post: