I’m so behind on this! I’m actually kind of behind in general. Emails, actually writing blog posts, reading, commenting, etc, etc. The end of the school year is absolutely brutal for me as I have a million things to do and wrap up.
Nonetheless, Kennedy turned 17 months last week!! Wanted to share some photos with you and give y’all an update.
- Are we smitten over this little girl’s pigtails, polka dots, and little glitter jellies? I know I am.
- This girl is learning new words and phrases almost weekly. And even moreso, she understands just about everything you tell her. It’s getting to the point where Greg and I should really start watching what we say (not that we don’t, but if we say things like “oustide” and “walk” she will go nuts!)
- Kennedy’s favorite foods are fruit, and spicy things like beans and chili. Oh, and carbs (sounds like her mama). She isn’t much of a fan of green vegetables, but I can get her to eat carrots and sweet potatoes. She likes the sweeter stuff. I try to sneak in some more greener veggies by giving her some puree pouches. I know she’s a little old for that, but I feel like she needs those nutrients! I’m going to work with her a lot this summer and fight the veggie battle. I know it could be way worse.
- She is fitting in size 24 months and 2T. My mother-in-law splurged on some cute outfits for the summertime, and my mom bought her a cute bikini. Toddler clothes are just precious!
- Kennedy just loves her “school”. It’s gotten to the point where she doesn’t even look back at Greg in the mornings and she isn’t running out of the room when I come to get her in the afternoon. I’m glad that she loves it so much. Her daycare is a mother’s day out program that runs on the same schedule as my school district, so she only has about two weeks left until she is on summer, too!
- I’m looking forward to spending the summer with Kennedy, as we will both be off. I am trying to think of some things to do to keep her entertained and challenged, so if any of you lovely stay at home moms have any fun summer ideas for toddlers, please share! It’s so darn hot here, so I hope to find things we can do indoor.
- This girl is just the light of my life. We love her so, so much!