Over the weekend, our little Kennedy turned 23 months old. Guys, this means my little baby is almost TWO! I am just amazed at how fast this year has flown by and how big my little baby has gotten just recently. Her hair is much longer, her vocabulary is much bigger, and she is just turning into quite a little girl!
Let’s just talk about this picture for a second. My heart has officially melted. Seriously. This is one of the many amazing pictures our friends Anne and John took for us over the weekend when we were visiting Greg’s parents in the Austin area. Consider this a sneak peek of our holiday family photos, as I will be posting about them more later this week!
So what is this little girl up to nowadays?
- Favorite food is Goldfish. Still. She has become quite a picky eater, and it’s really hard to get her to eat vegetables, unless they are disguised (and sometimes she can even pick up on that). At least she loves fruit. And we give her multi-vitamins. I don’t give her a lot of juice, and I try to give her almond/coconut milk more than cow’s milk. Picky toddler eater tips welcome here, mamas. I am at a loss!
- She is putting together sentences quite well, and repeats things you say. This really means we have to start watching our mouths.
- Kennedy is really good at remembering names. It’s crazy. She knows her grandparents, aunts and uncles, friends, etc. Her teacher sent us a picture of her class dressed up in their costumes on Halloween, and when we pointed to each of the kids, she knew every single one of their names. Granted it was only like four other kids, but that’s still impressive!
- Her favorite song right now is “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” sung by Jewel. Listening to Jewel singing it makes it a little more bearable.
- Kennedy naps, most days, in the afternoon from 1.5-2 hours. Bedtime is around 8:00 (or earlier, depending on how well she napped). We had to push bedtime back because some days she will wake up from her nap around 4:30. She still sleeps great, and will wake up after 7:00 most of the time.
- She knows all of her colors and lots of shapes. Her teachers seem to be impressed with this. I have no idea what milestones she should be hitting right about now.
Aww. More cuteness! And can we just how miss Kennedy has grown? I can’t believe this was a year ago!!
And I’ll leave you with this gem. We haven’t decorated for Christmas yet, but we did bust out some Christmas movies and specials. Greg particularly loved this short movie, The Snowman, growing up and he recently started showing it to Kennedy. If you haven’t seen it, you must watch it. The entire thing is on YouTube. Here it is, speaking of which.
The music is beautiful and it’s great for all ages as there is no dialogue. Kennedy loves it! The first couple of times they watched it together, he would give some narration along with it saying stuff like “Oh, look! It’s snowing!” “an owl!” “The boy made a snowman!” etc. Well, she is a parrot and repeats everything, and I mean everything. She now narrates the movie herself, and it is adorable. At the part where the snowman and the little boy fly to the north pole together, they show them flying over a boat where a party is going on (17:37-17:48) and a man looks up and sees them flying. He then looks at his champagne bottle. And, well, here’s Kennedy’s narration.
Moral of the story? Kids will repeat things, even if they’ve heard it once.