Updated July 22, 2014
I mentioned before that got a killer deal on a Clarisonic Mia at an online Black Friday sale. They usually run for about $149, but I was able to score mine for a mere $108 total (including free shipping)! Yee haw!
For those that have never heard of the wonderbeautytool (yes, I just made that word up) known as the Clarisonic, it is an exfoliating cleanser brush made by the same folks as the Sonicare toothbrush. According to their website, the Clarisonic cleansing brush moves 300 times per second, removes 6 times more makeup and is more than twice as effective than manual cleansing. That’s some pretty hefty claims, eh? They sell three different brushes (Classic, Mia, and Plus), some that have different speeds and abilities, but essentially they all do the same thing. After extensive research on which one to purchase, I went with the Mia since most reviewers said they only needed that one speed.
I wanted to write a review on this thing after the first day I tried it, but I told myself I would wait a month so I had more experience with the product. So, here I am, one month later!
|Me and my skincare BFF, the Clarisonic Mia.|
– The brush is very lightweight, small (fits in my hand perfectly) and ergonomic. Notice how it’s maybe the size of half of my head.
– I looooove how it’s waterproof!
– Charging the brush is easy.
– The instructions say to use it in light circular/figure-8 motions around your face. You’re supposed to keep it on different areas of the face for a specific amount of time, totaling one minute. I don’t do that. I just circle it around my entire face.
– The brush shuts itself off after one minute so you know you’re done. At night, I give this two rounds (totaling two minutes) and sometimes more if I need extra exfoliation.
– I have the sensitive brush head, and I feel that it does not irritate my skin at all. I had a little irritation when using it on my neck, but my skin has adjusted since then.
– I love the way it feels on my skin while using it! It’s like a mini spa experience.
– It tickles when I used it on my nose.
– My skin is sooooo soft after using the brush.
– I shower at night (I’m not a morning person so any extra time for beauty sleep is a must). Before I step into the shower, I gently rub a little bit of olive oil over my face and eyes as a makeup remover (best makeup remover ever, btw). Once in the shower, I use a wet wash cloth to remove.
– I use this cleanser and let the Clarisonic work two rounds on my face.
– I even lightly let the brush work under my eyes every so often (very lightly and for about one second), crows feet area (what little crows feet I do have), my lips, and above my lips. I tend to focus on my jaw/chin a little more, as that’s where I tend to get some painful cystic acne.
– Once out of the shower, I treat and moisturize right away, as I want my products to absorb.
– In the morning, I do not use a cleanser. I just splash my face with warm water and give the Clarisonic about thirty seconds on my face, focusing on areas that dry out (makes makeup application so much easier to have exfoliated skin).
– I have LESS ACNE!!!! This is a huge plus for me! I do get some little pests every now and then, but no cysts anymore! The ones that I do get heal very quickly! I literally had two pimples on my right cheek on Christmas day and 3 days later they are completely gone. I thought I was getting a big cyst on my jaw and it flaked away within TWO days! Keep in mind, I do use acne products (Benzoyl Peroxide, Retin-A), so my guess is the Clarisonic is letting those products work better and exfoliating my skin so well that big pimples don’t have time to live a long life! I am amazed how the marks literally flake off after a couple of days!!
– I use less products because they absorb into my skin better.
– I’ve noticed less “lip shed” (for lack of a better word) when using lipstick/glosss.
– My congested pores/blackheads on my nose are going away! I’m telling you, those buggers have been the bane of my existence for over a decade and I am so happy to see those pores clear out!
– This thing really helps me with my Retin-A “flakies”. My Retin-A dries me out and after using this in the morning, it really kills the flakes!
– My skin is not oily at all anymore! This is so strange/freaking awesome, because I’m so used to my face oiling up during the course of the day!
– Don’t even bother using the cleanser that came with the brush. It stinks (literally and figuratively).
– The charge on the brush holds about a week. I do use it more than the specified amount, and twice a day, so that could be me personally.
I always make sure to wash my brush with antibacterial soap and scalding hot water after cleansing, and then I dry it with a towel. You do not want a bacterial build up on your brush and a wet, used brush could possibly be a breeding ground for bacteria. I noticed that when I got a little lazy and didn’t wash the brush, I got a few whiteheads. Could be coincidental (though I think not), but I think this is essential. I will always wash and dry the brush after each use!
|Dexter doesn’t care what my face looks like as long as I cuddle, feed him, and play with him. If only the rest of life were that simple!|