I am so excited to kick off a 4-part series today! Each week I will be releasing a new video detailing each part of my makeup routine with in-depth tips. Today’s video is my flawless base routine!
Here’s what’s in my makeup tips for beginners series:
- Flawless Base Routine (this post!)
- How to Apply Bronzer, Blush, and Highlighter
- Easy Eyeshadow Tutorial
- Brows, Lashes, and Lips
I am going over skin prep, primer, foundation, color correcting, concealer, and powder. I will also be showing you application tips and techniques for each part of the routine, product recommendations, and helpful ideas so you can achieve the most flawless base possible.
If you’re a beginner, my hope is to really break this down and make it as simple as possible for you to understand. I hope that you’re able to take what you want from this and apply it to your routine! This goes beyond how to put on foundation. I’m also sharing how to put on foundation with a brush or beauty blender.
The base is the foundation (pun intended) to the rest of your makeup. When your base is flawless and laid down correctly, the rest of your makeup will easily lay on top, will not cake, and will last throughout the day.
Makeup Beginners – Flawless Base Routine
Here’s all of the products I used in today’s video, along with a few suggestions I mentioned. I am also listing all of the shades I wear in each product if you like to match to me.
- Amazon Makeup Brush Set
- e.l.f. Poreless Primer Putty (smoothing primer)
- Milk Hydrogrip Primer (gripping primer)
- It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better Primer (gripping/hydrating primer)
- Too Faced Hangover Primer (hydrating primer)
- Cetaphil Eye Cream
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Milani Eyeshadow Primer (drugstore option for eyeshadow primer)
- It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better Foundation (Shade: Light Neutral 21.5)
- L.A. Girl Pro Concealer (Shade: Peach Corrector)
- e.l.f. Hydrating Camo Concealer (Shade: Light Sand)
- No7 Lift & Luminate Powder (Shade: Light)
- Maybelline Fit Me Loose Powder (Shade: Fair/Light)
- Laura Mercier Candleglow Sheer Perfecting Powder (Shade: Light)
- Powder Puff
- Essence Pure Nude Highlighter (Shade 01 Be My Highlight)
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
I hope you enjoyed this video and learned some helpful tips and tricks! Next week I will be covering bronzer, blush and highlighter! Tune in next Monday for more!