The best time of year to shop at Sephora is during the fall/holiday VIB Sale. It’s the perfect time to stock up on staples, try new things you’ve been eyeing, and to pick up a few gifts for the beauty lovers on your list.
I do a Sephora VIB Sale shopping guide every year and I’m so excited for this year’s season! I’ll be breaking up the sale for you all into categories – how to shop the sale, staple items, new releases that have gotten a lot of buzz, popular items I have not tired on my wish list, and gift ideas.
How to Shop the Sephora VIB Sale November 2018
- Add all of your items to your cart at Sephora.com, as items tend to sell out faster during sale periods (especially popular items). Then when the sale starts, add the coupon code and check out!
- Items tend to sell out more in stores. Sometimes what I like to do is browse in-store before the sale to see the items in person and then go back and purchase online when the sale begins.
- To ensure proper shade matches, use the shade match tool in Sephora. You can also visit www.findation.com. I always use this site when ordering foundations online! You enter in a couple of foundations and shades you know you wear, and then it will suggest matches in other brands.
- Stock on a few favorites/staples for your collection. These items rarely go on sale, so now is the time to stock up.
- Grab a few new releases or fun items you’ve been wanting to get your hands on! It’s time to pamper you, and it’s definitely worth using this time to get something cool and new. Sephora has an amazing return policy, so you really have nothing to lose.
- Invest in a fragrance. Fragrances never go on sale, so if you are in the market to pick up a new fragrance, now is the time.
- Shop for holiday gifts. The VIB sale is a great time to do all of your holiday shopping. There are a lot of great gift sets and unique gift ideas at Sephora, so take advantage of that discount!
- Don’t forget the dudes. A grooming set or a nice fragrance is always a winner for a dude!
- Bonus items: haircare and skincare favorites you’ve been dying to splurge on!
Staple Items (My Holy Grail Favorites)
- Estee Lauder Double Wear // My holy grail foundation! This is very full coverage and matte and may not be suitable for very dry skin types.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude Water Fresh // The lighter version of my holy grail foundation if you want a lighter coverage. For all skin types, and dry skin ladies will especially love it.
- Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick // The best stick foundation you’ll ever use. Buildable coverage and for all skin types.
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder // A gorgeous cult favorite setting powder! I go between this one and the Maybelline one.
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Color Correcting Fluid // I love the peach shade of this to color correct my dark circles underneath concealer.
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner // The blackest, most intense liquid liner. Does not budge!
- Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray // Cannot be without this setting spray! It is like hairspray for your face! If you live in a humid climate, you get oily, or makeup tends to slide off your face, you need this.
- Original Beauty Blender // The VIB sales are a great chance to grab a beauty blender!
- Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Palette // The best contour palette ever.
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop // Will never be without this highlighter. Universally flattering.
- Nars Blush in Madly // This blush literally goes with every single makeup look. It is gorgeous.
- Stila Glitter & Glow Liquid Eyeshadow // These glitters are some of my favorite products! They make any eye look extra special.
- It Cosmetics Superhero Mascara // My favorite high-end mascara
- Benefit 24-HR Brow Setter // The best brow gel in the universe. Brows will stay in place and do not feel crunchy.
- Urban Decay Born to Run Eyeshadow Palette // In my opinion, this is Urban Decay’s best release all year. It is an amazingly versatile eyeshadow palette that you can create so many looks with.
- Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette // If you love warm tones, this will be your playground.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette // One of my favorite eyeshadow palettes of all time. So feminine and beautiful!
- Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick // I adore this liquid lipstick formula and it’s also affordable!
Awesome new release products that are getting a lot of buzz!
Naked Cherry Eyeshadow Palette // I have this and it is absolutely gorgeous. I would say this and the Naked Heat are my two favorite naked palettes so far!
Huda Beauty the New Nudes Palette // I keep seeing swatches of this and it looks soooo stunning!
Anastasia Beverly Hills Sultry Palette // I always love the ABH palettes and this one caught my attention.
Make sure to check out my Sephora Holiday Gift Sets $25 and Under blog post if that is your budget, but here I will list items that are in the $50-75 range that I think are worth the splurge.
Sephora Favorites Skin Wonderland // A 15-piece set that lets you try out best selling and cult favorite skincare products. For the skincare junkie in your life, or great for yourself if you want to try out a multitude of products!
Sephora Favorites Give Me More Lip // This is my kind of gift set! It’s full of favorite lip products in all sorts of formulas, colors, and finishes. Yassss.
Superstars Kit // This is an amazing way to try a bunch of best-selling and cult-favorite products!
GLAMGLOW The Superstar Set // I adore GLAMGLOW masks, and this set is amazing! You get a full size Supermud and a bunch of other smaller masks to sample.
Wish List Items – Popular Products I Have Not Tried
Here are a few things on my wishlist, in case you were curious!
Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Palette // Edited to add in that I purchased this and love it! Highly recommend it!
Too Faced Born this Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer // I’ve been wanting to get my hands on this for months! It’s the new formula of the concealer.
Fenty Beauty Stunna Lip Paint // That red color looks amazing!
Tatcha Silk Canvas Primer // This is a super expensive primer but so many YouTubers swear by it.
Drunk Elephant TLC Sukari Babyfacial // I keep getting questions from followers about this brand and I have not tried a single thing. I’d like that to change. This product looks promising!