Updated March 5, 2019
I always look forward to revealing our family photos each year, just like I look forward to revealing our Christmas cards! If you’re itching to see some photos from the past, you can check out our 2014 Family Photos, and our 2013 Family Photos. I’ve had them back for weeks now, but just now getting around to sharing them! If I wait any longer, it certainly will be too late!
This year, I asked my blog friend Ailee of Snapshots by Ailee Petrovic to take our photos. I absolutely adore her work. She has an amazing eye and her photos are bright, crisp and colorful. I highly recommend Ailee if you are in Houston and looking for a photographer. She does everything – from fashion bloggers to newborn sessions!
For our family session, I wanted to do something different than the last two years. We dressed in jewel tones and plaids (I was most thrilled about the girls’ dresses by Cuteheads – Kennedy’s is completely custom!). We decided to meet at Centennial Gardens in Hermann Park. It’s got a lot of botanical, modern, and urban backdrops, which is exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately, the gardens closed earlier than we anticipated but we were still able to capture some lovely images around the park outside of the gardens.
I’ll let the photos do the rest of the talking. There are lots to choose from, but here are my favorites. I’ll also link our outfit/accessory details at the bottom of the post, in case you are curious.
Clothes and Accessories:
- My dress – Altar’d State
- My boots – Target, old (similar-ish)
- Lip color – Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in ‘Warm Me Up’
- Necklace – by A. Tak Crafts, the Bethany Necklace (she’s a new etsy shop and her stuff is so good)
- Kennedy’s dress – Custom Cuteheads
- Kennedy’s headband – Willow Crowns
- Kennedy’s shoes – Old Navy
- Caroline’s dress – Cuteheads Elizabeth Gingham Dress
- Caroline’s hair clip – Willow Crowns
- Greg’s plaid shirt – J. Crew Factory
- Greg’s pullover – J. Crew Factory (similar)
Happy Monday, friends! Hope you all have an amazing week!